Holiday Inn Bridgeport
Hotel Hi-Ho(Fairfield)
  • Room Service
Residence Inn Milford(Milford)
View Hotel
All reviewsdowntown bridgeportmartini barfront deskbank arenahotel restauranttrain stationlong islandbreakfast buffetper daybusiness triprooms are niceroom keybed was comfortablebridportwebsternycfairfield
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for two nights because I could walk to the Bridgeport train station and get to NYC easily. My first room had a heater with a loose panel so loud it was impossible to read, never mind sleep. I tried to turn the fan off but the ancient and cheap-thermostat didn’t permit that (see picture). When I asked to move, they offered to put me by the elevator (out of the frying pan into the fire) but then relented and moved me to the "Executive Suite" floor. I get up there and was amused that the room was identical in every way to the last room, except it had about 20 square feet of fake wood on the floor (hope nobody is paying extra for those rooms).

This new room didn’t have a clock, however. Oops. And the thermostat was broken and I couldn’t turn the heat up in the cold room. The thermostat looked amazingly cheap and you could see where desperate patrons had squashed the buttons to get something to happen in the past.

The next day I got a new room with working thermostat--but the clock was off by 4.3 hours. Doesn’t anybody notice these things? I tried my best to reset the time but the clever little iClock didn’t seem to have buttons that did that, at least that I could see. So I ended up doing clock-math in my head at 3 in the morning to figure out the time.

Hey, but the food was pretty good and the staff was friendly. And the hotel is empty enough it seems, that there are plenty of other rooms to move into if you loose the room-quality lottery. Just check everything out before you unpack.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank jamesl6
Michele H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bridgeport, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

My apology for your recent experience here at our hotel. I truly appreciate the feedback as it enables me to make our hotel better and ensure this does not happen with another guest.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

We were looking for a place near the Metro North Train into NYC.
We came across this gem. It was a 2-3 minute walk to the train station, though you never heard the trains from your room. Very convenient, and very clean.

They have a parking garage and we left our vehicle in it for two nights even though we only staying in the hotel for one night (we walked to the train and back the next day).

The pool is small, but sufficient for getting the "in the car too long" blues to disipate.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mark S
Michele H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bridgeport, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Happy you found us and we were able to meet your needs. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here during the blizzard to be near the hospital I work at in Bridgeport.

I was pleasantly surprised by the hotel's staff & cleanliness. Many of the staff were doing double & triple shifts because of the weather. They remained very professional. The hotel staff allowed some unfortunate people to warm up in the lobby & stay overnight, gave them blankets & warm drinks.

The room I stayed in was quiet & very clean. The beds were comfortable with plush pillows & a very comfortable comforter. The hotel has a restaurant. The items on the menu were basic but good & a good value. The hamburgers are huge & good. Breakfast buffet is $10 & is ok. I think the French toast is frozen & just heated up, but since I like that kind it was good for me!

The fast food restaurants near the hotel wee closed because of the blizzard, but McDonalds is across the street & there is also a take- out Chinese down the block.

The fitness center is well maintained with more equipment than I expected including treadmills. Ellipiticals, arc trainer+ weight machines, has showers & towels. The indoor pool was also very clean & maintained.

Parking is $6/ day behind the hotel. Highway is close. I would definitely stay here again if I needed to.

• Stayed: February 2013
Michele H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bridgeport, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

I'm happy you were safe and sound with us during the terrible storm. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Great service, location and fantastic people who work there.
The rooms are your typical HI rooms, I stayed on the upper floors the last two times and they are very quiet rooms.

The managers special evening is also a great idea, with a special service feom the General Manager and the Sales Manager, where a drinks reception and small snack is free.

• Stayed: January 2013

So glad you enjoyed the reception. We hope to see there again soon!

Reviewed February 5, 2013

After staying at few 'run down' Holiday Inn's in the past month it was nice to arrive at one that had it together. This location is right in the downtown of Bridgeport and there are many places to eat with-in walking distance. I did not try the food at the hotel but tried a local place just across the street.

Rooms are clean and 'newer' so are the hallways. Fitness room was well stocked with equipment, but like most places only half of it worked properly. The pool looked nice, but did not try it. Room was well stocked. Overall, worth the stop.

Be aware there is a parking fee, it was $6 when I stayed.

Room Tip: Remember there is a parking fee.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Michele H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bridgeport, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

So glad you enjoyed our hotel and downtown Bridgeport. We look forward to serving you again soon.