“Very Nice Updated Holiday Inn”

Holiday Inn Bridgeport
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bridgeport
valley stream
“Very Nice Updated Holiday Inn”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Normally I would not take an overnight for my sales job in Bridgeport, CT; however, I had to be at Bridgeport Hospital at 6am for a sales call.

This hotel looks like it was completely gutted and remodeled not too long ago. The night I arrived it was snowing so I decided to eat at the hotel restaurant, Park City Grill. The food was GREAT and reasonable. My soup, salad, and burger were very tasty, much better than an Applebee's or Friday's.

The room was quite and comfortable, no surprises.

The next morning, since I had to be at the hospital at 6am, I forgot to let the front desk know I would like to come back and use the Fitness Room and shower in my room around 9am.

When I came back to the hotel, the front desk manager stated I was already checked out and my room was cleaned. However, she was nice enough to provide me a card key to the Fitness Room which has a shower room inside.

I am a workout nut, and this Fitness Room is well stocked and more than adequate.

In my mind, the Front Desk Manager went above and beyond.

I would recommend this hotel if you need to stay overnight in Bridgeport, it also has very easy access on and off I-95, but is far enough from the Interstate that you will not here any noise (as is the case with many hotels in Milford, CT).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Michele H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bridgeport, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
I'm glad you were able to get your workout in. We look forward to your next visit with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Stuck in traffic in the middle of a snowstorm late at night with a stomach ache. Stayed at this hotel. Was a little wary of downtown Bridgeport. The Beds were amazingly comfortable, the shower was terrific, the breakfast was good. And overall value was terrific. Don't hesitate to stay here, I won't in the future.

• Stayed December 2012
So glad we were able to accommodate you. Thank you for staying with us and for the nice review!
Portland, Maine
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Stayed here on our way to NY. First impression entering the city is this is a city going through some rough times. The hotel feels like a Gem in a rough city. The staff was really helpful and nice. Really pushed it from average to Very Good. Nice bar and restaurant on the property. When we went to the room i was surprised how big it was - above average size. The only issue was at 2AM in the room next to us decided to have an after party. My wife called down to the desk and ask for them to talk to the room about how loud they were. At 3 AM it was still going on even though we heard the staff come up and tell them to keep it down - that lasted about 10 min. I called down at 3AM and said if they dont get them to be quite i am calling the police. 5 mins later i heard the staff come and disperse the crowd. And then when my kids woke up at 6am i was sure to tell them to be as loud as they wanted......and they did. On a side note the hotel does have a pool - keep in mind it is inside but make no mistake about it - it might as well be outside...it was F R E E Z I N G - my kids dared me to jump in which i did - and i even got them to come in for two mins - but it was so cold we had to get out. Overall i was really impressed. I would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Michele H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bridgeport, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Glad you enjoyed our hotel and thank you for the feedback. I certainly apologize. We look forward to serving you again.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Do not stay in this place in winter. The heating is very noisy - whenever it turned on I felt like plane is taking off. Maintenance told us that it is every room without even listening to that.

Parking (public garage cross the street) does not seem safe as well as whole neighbourhood, but that might be wrong impression.

Rooms are clean amd nice, 10$ breakfast is satisfactory - good selection and taste.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Michele H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bridgeport, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
My apologies for the noise from the heater. We are working to rectify this issue. We appreciate the feedback.
London
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We booked this hotel at the last minute as we needed to get an early morning ferry to Port Jeff. To tell the truth we didn't think it would be much good as it was the only hotel in the area so had no real competition. How wrong we were!
Free parking, free pool, free breakfast! The room was huge, clean and very comfortable but the best thing about this hotel was the staff.
The receptionist was a lovely, bubbly lady called Olivia for whom nothing was too much trouble. She recommended some good places for food and drink in the town and then hunted down decaf coffee and fresh milk for us at 1am. She loved my husband's English accent and we all spent ages chatting about the Olympics and what London is like. Breakfast was good and hot and the lady who waited tables and assisted was also lovely.
We stayed in about over a dozen different hotels in the USA in the summer and the standard was really high but this was amongst the best for customer service.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Michele H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bridgeport, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Thank you for staying with us! I'm glad you enjoyed our Holiday Inn. We hope to see you again.
Fairfield, CT
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I stayed here with my husband and dogs for 3 nights during the recent hurricane Sandy and have to say I was very pleased. Everyone at this hotel had a smile and you can tell they all enjoyed their jobs and loved working at this property. The great stay started at check-in and continued over the course of the 4 day stay with the staff at the martini bar, restaurant, room service and housekeeping. I am from Fairfield , next town over so I am well aware of the area surrounding the hotel. We just wanted a warm place to sleep and hot shower since we lost power and we ended up getting so much more. Thanks again for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Michele H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bridgeport, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you! So glad you enjoyed your stay even though it was due to a hurricane. All of us here at the Holiday Inn really do like taking care of our guests.
Reviewed November 15, 2012

This is a nicely maintained hotel that has the ambiance of an upscale establishment. Our 8th floor room was huge, with a king size bed, 37 inch flat-panel TV and refrigerator. We found our room to be clean and well-maintained.

In general, we had a pleasant one night stay. One issue with the room was poor soundproofing. Sound leaked through the window frame and we could hear our neighbor's voice as he spoke on the phone. I am certain that he didn't realize that we could hear his phone conversation. Fortunately we didn't hear our neighbor's TV. The management should improve the soundproofing.

There are two computers in the lobby in a glass-walled room for guest use. I was able to access my airline boarding pass. However there was a problem with the printer connected to the computers. One of the desk clerks was kind and helped me print our boarding passes using the front desk printer.

The hotel is located in a gritty area where you would not want to walk about at night. There is a McDonald's, a Dunkin Donuts and a Chinese restaurant across from the hotel. We did not eat in the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Michele H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bridgeport, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate the information.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgeport
Quality Suites
Hampton Inn by Hilton Shelton
Rodeway Inn Stratford
Rodeway Inn Stratford
#3 of 5 in Stratford

Been to Holiday Inn Bridgeport? Share your experiences!