“Great hotel, fabulous staff”

Holiday Inn Bridgeport
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bridgeport
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We booked this hotel at the last minute as we needed to get an early morning ferry to Port Jeff. To tell the truth we didn't think it would be much good as it was the only hotel in the area so had no real competition. How wrong we were!
Free parking, free pool, free breakfast! The room was huge, clean and very comfortable but the best thing about this hotel was the staff.
The receptionist was a lovely, bubbly lady called Olivia for whom nothing was too much trouble. She recommended some good places for food and drink in the town and then hunted down decaf coffee and fresh milk for us at 1am. She loved my husband's English accent and we all spent ages chatting about the Olympics and what London is like. Breakfast was good and hot and the lady who waited tables and assisted was also lovely.
We stayed in about over a dozen different hotels in the USA in the summer and the standard was really high but this was amongst the best for customer service.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Michele H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bridgeport, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2012

Thank you for staying with us! I'm glad you enjoyed our Holiday Inn. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

I stayed here with my husband and dogs for 3 nights during the recent hurricane Sandy and have to say I was very pleased. Everyone at this hotel had a smile and you can tell they all enjoyed their jobs and loved working at this property. The great stay started at check-in and continued over the course of the 4 day stay with the staff at the martini bar, restaurant, room service and housekeeping. I am from Fairfield , next town over so I am well aware of the area surrounding the hotel. We just wanted a warm place to sleep and hot shower since we lost power and we ended up getting so much more. Thanks again for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Michele H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bridgeport, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Thank you! So glad you enjoyed your stay even though it was due to a hurricane. All of us here at the Holiday Inn really do like taking care of our guests.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

This is a nicely maintained hotel that has the ambiance of an upscale establishment. Our 8th floor room was huge, with a king size bed, 37 inch flat-panel TV and refrigerator. We found our room to be clean and well-maintained.

In general, we had a pleasant one night stay. One issue with the room was poor soundproofing. Sound leaked through the window frame and we could hear our neighbor's voice as he spoke on the phone. I am certain that he didn't realize that we could hear his phone conversation. Fortunately we didn't hear our neighbor's TV. The management should improve the soundproofing.

There are two computers in the lobby in a glass-walled room for guest use. I was able to access my airline boarding pass. However there was a problem with the printer connected to the computers. One of the desk clerks was kind and helped me print our boarding passes using the front desk printer.

The hotel is located in a gritty area where you would not want to walk about at night. There is a McDonald's, a Dunkin Donuts and a Chinese restaurant across from the hotel. We did not eat in the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Michele H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bridgeport, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate the information.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times. As a woman travelling alone, I do not venture out to explore the area around the hotel - it does not look too safe.
The rooms are very nice. Comfortable beds, big-screen tvs, nice bathroom area.
I eat dinner and breakfast in the hotel - they are usually ok.
This time - not so great. For dinner, I ordered the special - broiled scrod. It was tasteless. as was the rice and vegetables that came with it. Maybe if there was a slice of lemon to put on the fish it might have been a bit better. Waitress was very friendly though - great service.
For breakfast - they seemed to assume everyone wanted the buffet. I was not offered a menu and had to inquire about other options. Not given silverware either - I took some from another table. The coffee was horrible - tasted like they made it the night before. They used to leave a coffee pot on the table but this time they served individual cups.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Michele H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bridgeport, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2012

Thank you so much for your feedback. I will be sure to pass this information along so that others are not disappointed in the future.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

While I am not a big fan of Holiday Inn, I was pleased with the accommodations provided at this hotel. We traveled to NY for a family event and could not find a hotel anywhere near our destination. Hurricane Sandy left NY in bad shape.
We stayed in Bridgeport because it was the only place we could find. While the area around the hotel wasn’t perfect, the hotel met our needs. The room was clean and bigger than we expected. If you are in the area and need a place to stay this may meet your needs.

Room Tip: We were in a corner room on a Saturday night and didn't hear a sound.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Michele H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Bridgeport, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

So glad you were pleasantly surprised! Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

Comfy king bed & pillows.
Bountiful breakfast buffet. Hot & fresh.
Convenient location near 8/25 connector and I-95.
Near hospitals and Trumbull Mall. AA baseball (bluefish), hockey (sound tigers) and concerts @ the Webster Bank Arena right down the road.

• Stayed: November 2012

Thank you for your feedback. Hope to see you again!

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Ms. Val was great to my family and me. I really want to give ms. Grace a great big thanks for all she done for me, holiday inn she's great and please make sure that she knows. It. Ms. Barbette thames family.

• Stayed: October 2012
Michele H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Bridgeport, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Thank you for the kind words about our staff. So glad you enjoyed your stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgeport
Quality Suites
Hotel Hi-Ho
Hotel Hi-Ho
#2 of 3 in Fairfield
SpringHill Suites Milford

Been to Holiday Inn Bridgeport? Share your experiences!