“Loved this hotel and definitely will return”

Holiday Inn Bridgeport
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bridgeport
Reviewed July 18, 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights and fully enjoyed the experience. What I loved the most was the king size bed, in the immaculately clean room. One must have a room key to get on the elevators and access to the indoor pool. So you don't have to worry about riff-raff from the streets entering the premises. I will definitely be coming back to this hotel. Oh yea, and they validate parking.

Room Tip: Had a non-smoking king suite...located at the very end of the hall. No Noise!!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Bridgeport

Reviewed July 1, 2011

We stayed twice in a week in this hotel, on the way out and back from NY. We were pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness, friendly staff and comfort of this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 29, 2011

I stayed here for one night on a business trip...the area is not great, not somewhere you want to go outside and walk...the rooms are clean, but very noisy all night. The dining area in the hotel, horrible. Came to eat dinner, there was food on the carpets, silverware. This is not a hotel I will ever be returning to .

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank missjenna77
Reviewed May 16, 2011

If you have an image in your mind as to what a Holiday Inn looks like, feels like, what the service level might be, toss it out. I'll start by admitting that the surrounding Bridgeport area is not exactly welcoming. That being said the Bridgeport Holiday Inn is that and more. It's like a little oasis in the middle of Bridgeport. After a little asking around I found out this was formerly a Hilton and from a quality and appearance standpoint it was one of the nicer hotels I've stayed at in a long time. I had previously been booking my hotel stays at Marriotts but after a few sub-par experiences I decided I'd give the HI another try. I was pleasantly surprised. I arrived late, around 11:30 pm and pulled into the semi-circular drive out front. I was greeted by a friendly person at the front desk who called for a valet who directed me where to park my truck. The parking fee was comped at the front desk. I went to my room and was amazed at the size. A little more asking around and I found out they have renovated everything in the hotel within the last year or so. You could tell. The room, TV, bed, free internet were all great. Next morning I hit the gym and the equipment was very nice. All newer version LifeFitness Cardio machines. The legpress was out of commission and there were no dumbells but I'm not going to hold that against them. My gym at home has similar incidents. The pool was clean and was interestingly perched on the second floor under a glass dome allowing you views of the city. Went down to grab breakfast and here's where I was blown away. This was an actual cooked breakfast by a chef. Not the pre-formed egg wafers that you microwave yourself like that other hotel serves. We're talking real scrambled eggs, hash browns, bacon (cooked perfectly), homefries, oatmeal, the works. And coffee/juice served to you by a real waiter. Here's the kicker, I go up to pay and the nice lady says "are you a priority club member" and I say yes, and I find out the whole thing is comped for being a member. So long story short I'm going to be giving Holiday Inn my business for a while. I was very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the hotel, it's amenities, staff, and food and when you get right down to it, why else do you choose a hotel?

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Johnsondnl
Reviewed April 23, 2011

I brought my family into town see the Zoo and visit Maritime Museum we had a great time during the kids school break. Family really enjoyed the pool and the kids eat free, nice perk

Also, I’m platinum member and my family really appreciated the kind services, upgrades, and great customer services provided (Especially by Jackie at the Front Desk , the GM and Sales Manager.

Nice people and great servcies, I would recommended staying at this hotel

Steve Clinton, Ct

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 11, 2011

I will be honest, I read the reviews here and thought it sounded like a nice place. I was very disappointed. As with many downtown hotels (I should have thought about this earlier) this was a very old building that had simply been "painted over". The showers were grimey and dark and the carpet seemed dirty. The areas surrounding the hotel were very run down and boarded up. I was hopeing for a lot more than I got. As a Priority Club member I was given a coupon for free breakfast, but the breakfast buffet looked like it had been left out from the day before. The coffee was not very good and the service was worse. Sorry, Holiday Inn in Downtown Bridgeport, but you have a lot of work to do.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank wilbur24795
Reviewed February 6, 2011

I was here for a business trip with several colleagues. The management checked in with me multiple times to be sure all of our needs were being met as we worked on an important business matter.
Even in a snow storm, the management provided for us to get food for sandwiches even though their restaurant was closed for lunch on weekends.
The management took the initiative that I would not have necessarily expected and anticipated our needs.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank CzarinaPhiladelphia
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgeport
The Circle Hotel Fairfield
Hampton Inn by Hilton Shelton
Delamar Southport
Delamar Southport
#1 of 1 in Southport

Been to Holiday Inn Bridgeport? Share your experiences!