“Good but nothing amazing”
Review of Merritt Canteen

Merritt Canteen
Ranked #6 of 377 Restaurants in Bridgeport
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed March 4, 2014

My husband and I stopped here on our way to Boston because it was on triple D. We both had hot dogs which were tasty. We had a coleslaw dog and a chili dog. I would recommend if around the area but not to drive out of your way.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Just another fast food joint. I can't understand why Triple D came here. Burgers are very thin patties, like Sabretts. Hot dogs didn't have that advertised "snap" and were just ok. Biggest disappointment were the French fries which were frozen. They were the crinkle cut kind you would expect get in a school cafeteria. Don't go out of your way to go here. If you want a good hot dog Super Duper Weenie remain your best choice in CT.

1  Thank ajnock
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Feels like a classic food joint with great taste. People are nice and food is ready fast. Customizing is endless. The burgers and dogs are awesome.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

I have been going here for over 20yrs and always great classic burger joint but lots of other choices that are always great must stop if your in the neighborhood mr macs in Milford is run by the original owner from what I'm told also one in Monroe haven't been to either because the original is close to my home they aren't trying to copy anyone this is an original that will be there forever

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Our family of 5 stopped here on our way from PA to Boston. The service was unique as we were rushed to order by the cashier. So much so that we had to keep flagging her down after she began taking other orders in order to complete our own. Girl had a good memory, though, as she remembered everyone's items as she rung them out later. It was very cramped from opening the door to sitting down to going to the bathrooms. Some 80 year old lady got stuck in the bathroom due to sticky doors and proceeded to yell at my 13 and 11 yr old for not hearing her knocking on the walls. As for the food, my burger was completely overpowered by the chili. The wife, younger daughter, and son said theirs were bland. Older daughter said moz sticks were chewy. But we all agreed that the buns were soft and tasted good. For the price ($50) it's not worth the hassle.

1  Thank HJCLaw