“Waited 1.5 hours for 1 appetizer and salads.” 2 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Waitstaff
Dining options: Waitstaff
Fairfield, Connecticut
“Waited 1.5 hours for 1 appetizer and salads.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Not worth the wait, surprised they've lasted as long as they have. Waited an 1.5 hours for an appetizer and 2 salads. There was one other table besides our table.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mancorp

New Jersey
“LOUD”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

Holy cow....this place was LOUD. My husband and I were staying one night in the Bridgeport area for business. Metric is within walking distance from the Holiday Inn, where we were staying, so we decided to walk there after our work event. There was a DJ playing, which I generally like, but his music was so loud, we couldn't hear each other or the waitress. We finally each managed to order a drink and some appetizers to eat at the table. However, while waiting for our food, we decided to ask for our appetizers to-go because the music was ridiculously loud. My husband and I are in our 30s, so we're not exactly the club-hopping types anymore, but we still generally enjoy music at a bar. Unfortunately, the volume was just obscene, and I'm thinking others felt the same way because many people were leaving.

Maybe this bar is better when there is no DJ, but if you don't want to suffer through an ear-blasting dining experience, I suggest you avoid DJ night at Metric. On a positive note, the nachos and quesadillas we brought back to our hotel were pretty good.

• Visited July 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Bridgeport, Connecticut
“Long wait, bad service, terrible crowd”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

I was a big fan of this place when it opened. I cannot complain about the food it was always good. The problem is the long wait times, even if it's empty. Another issue is the loud crowds on the bar side that spill over into the dining area. My last time going there failed because thugs standing at the door tried to make us pay a cover charge for a comedy show when we were trying to sit for dinner. Who knew this was a comedy club? I guess it depends on the night, there could be a dj setting up bringing heavy equipment inside right next to your table, back and forth while you eat...that also happened to me there. Save your money. There are so many places to go why risk it with this place? The owner/manager has low standards for service, speed and ambiance. Don't go.

1 Thank nicoleannette