“What a delightful place”
Review of Lennox Cuisine

Lennox Cuisine
Ranked #159 of 368 Restaurants in Bridgeport
Cuisines: Jamaican
“What a delightful place”
Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

As I walked into this place on boston avenue names Lenox cuisine I was instantly transported to place in the islands me and my wife visited, what a lovely decor with it's bright vibrant colors I approach the countertop and I was greeted by Lennox the chef at this restaurant he asked me what I wanted to eat but I was undecided so he let me try something called curry chicken with chunks of potatoes carrots and dumplings what a pleasurable flavor my mouth had this gentleman just became my new best friend Lenox cuisine just became my number 1 restaurants to eat at in Bridgeport.

Nanuet, NY
“A delightful surprise in Bridgeport”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

My wife and I had occasion, yesterday, to visit Bridgeport, about an hour and a quarter from our home, Before leaving home, we consulted TripAdvisor for a good place for lunch. Once again, TA did not disappoint! There is no way we would have happened upon Lennox Cuisine on our own. And if we had, we probably wouldn't have gone in. It's located in a very small strip of stores, and has limited parking on a side hill.

First, what you WON'T go there for: Intimate dining, dazzling decor, candlelight and music. Lennox Cuisine is a "work in progress", construction-wise. There are tables for two or four, or booths that could probably seat 6-8 (if you're all very friendly). There is a counter for ordering and take-outs, and a view back into the kitchen where the magic happens.

You DO go there for the amazing Jamaican food. Jerked chicken gives you that expected spicy kick, but without making you wish for an "insides" transplant. The flavors just dance around in your mouth and delight the senses. We tried, also, the oxtail, and a fish dish made with Tilapia. They were served with rice and beans, a wonderful cabbage, and some other shredded veggies. Washed down with some kind of Jamaican (non-alcoholic) beer-soda, you can't go wrong. The food is served in styrofoam take-out boxes, which is a good thing, because you probably won't be able to finish it all. And melt-in-the mouth chocolate chip cookies finished it off.

But wait, there is another GREAT reason to go to this little unassuming place. Lennox!!! The man himself fronts the place, describes his food, and may even give you a sample to start, as he did with us. Who needs strolling violins when you have a big friendly guy who will help you with your selection, and talk enthusiastically and knowledgeably about his native Jamaica? He really adds a lot to the experience, treating two strangers as long-time friends. He does so in between preparing take-out boxes for the steady stream of native Jamaicans who come by for his cooking.

With a soda each, I believe the bill came to about $21 for both of us. So, if you're in the mood for some food that makes you want to suck any morsels off the tips of your fingers, do yourself a favor and seek out Lennox - the restaurant and the man. You'll be back here thanking me shortly after!

PS: I had a little trouble with the ratings. My initial choice for the "Romance" category read Poor. I wish I could have chosen not to click anything on that or on Special Occasions. Would you go to a neighborhood pizza joint for a romantic dinner or for an anniversary? I think not. That's not what it's there for. So I rated each of those two "Average" because I couldn't back out. In all other ways, Lennox Cuisine is anything but average. Russ

• Visited November 2012
New York, New York, United States
“Lennox is a King!”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We were with a production crew filming in the area-- needed to find a caterer who could accomodate with good food on a budget. So glad we stopped into Lennox's by chance! We ate his cooking for lunch and dinner three straight days. Every member of our crew will attest to the fact that Lennox's was the BEST we've ever eaten on set. After leaving Bridgeport, crew constantly griped about missing his curries and stews. Throw in the fact that he's a helluva guy, and is a great bargain, and this is definitely a must-try.

• Visited August 2012
Vancouver, Canada
“Lennox Cuisine Serves Delicious Food in Clean and Friendly Environment”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Jamaican restaurants are known for delicious food fron clean kitchens. Lennox Cuisine is among the to Jamaican restaurants in Connecticut and the USA in general.
The food is delicious finger licking good, good amount for your money, and served ina clean, friendly and relaxing atmosphere. The Chef and staff work hard to keep their many customers comfortable, satisfied and happy. The taste is unique and very appetizing.

I like the layout with Island decor, neat and tidy space, and espsecially with 2 separate restroons for male and female.
That is my favourite dining spot in Connecticut.
Thumbs Up Lennox Cuisine!

Marian25

• Visited October 2012
Bridgeport, CT
“Delicious fish, rice & veggies! Absolutely delicious!”
Reviewed March 7, 2012

There are places in my own neighborhood that may be small in size, but the taste and friendly service is gigantic! That's the kind of place Lennox Cuisine is. I was hungry for something "just a little different," and tried their fish, rice and veggies. Oh my goodness! This was so good I ate all of the portion that I had planned to save for later! My Dad loves this place as well! The owner is friendly and always ready to greet you with a smile!

Visited January 2012