“Service needs improvement”

Add it.
The Field Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: Irish
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I have only visited The Field once or twice, and have no interest in going back. Bartenders are very rude and not friendly at all. The first time there, the bar was pretty empty (maybe 1-2 other people in the whole place), and we had to wait quite some time to be acknowledged. When the bartender did come over, there was no hello or greeting or welcome whatsoever, just a demand for an ID. I will hesitate to return.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Recently, attended a function at The Field and I think that is also where the waiter was. He served us coffee at the end of a ordinary meal. Well, if the spoon wasn't standing straight up in the cup, I would have been if I drank it. When we asked to get coffee from a fresh pot, he disappeared! Although he was still working at other tables, he refused to meet our gaze. Finally, when we were able to make contact, we asked for the coffee and he shared with us that they weren't going to make fresh coffee and he left. Really?! With the many good restaurants around, this is one I will not ever be returning to again.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

The Field is a perfect place to go to at any time. I've brought my parents here for dinner when they visited me at school and they're tough critics but couldn't get enough of the bangers and mashed! I also go with my friends on the weekend to hang out -- the DJs they have never fail to liven up the crowd. DJ or not, the Field is always busy with people of all ages who come for good food and a great time.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

The absolute worst FAKE IRISH BAR IN AMERICA
Was in there a couple of weeks ago and if you like rave music and really sad tattoos this place is your huckleberry....
I love the play and the movie but this place is just a plastic paddy bar.....

Reviewed November 21, 2012

I wanted everyone to know that the Fields Restaurant will handle all types of catering services on site. I have used them the last three years, for our company's Christmas parties and Family Funeral Luncheons.
Niall O'Neill will work within your budget and offers all types of foods. There is a private room and the middle room can be closed off as an additional area. I have used both. They will set the room up for sit down dinners or a buffet style event. They have different types of tables and even have couches for socializing. White table cloths are used, center pieces, etc. Just ask!!! They have always been very professional. They have been very attentive to my guest at any event I have had. The private room even has a separate entry door and bathrooms in that area. Your quests do not have to go to the bar and restaurant area. There is also great parking area. Oh and lets not forget the fireplace which opens to the two rooms. Adds to the atmosphere!! I have visited the restautant with my husband for a night out. We had our children and grandchilden another time. As mentioned above for both business and friends.
They have always been very accommodating in all my dealings with The Fields.
I just wish I had done a review for the sooner. I am in the process of getting our Christmas Luncheon for our employees planned for December 2012.