“Nice place to stay. Clean and Cozy.”

Holiday Inn Express Branford/New Haven
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Branford
Reviewed March 29, 2010

This hotel was nice and clean. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. Printed out directions for us to go to thimble island boat ride. The free breakfast was a great little bonus. Nice breakfast area to eat, food was hot and the room itself clean, big screen t.v.
The bed was a little hard and the pillows were lumpy but other then that the place was great for the price. Cab service in the area is pretty bad, was able to get to Lenny's resturant ok but trying to get back after 10p was a real hassle had to call 2 cab companies and the wait was well over an hour.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 18, 2009

Just got back from a weekend here for a family wedding. Staff could not find reservations, overbooked, did not have a room for the bride.Upon arriving home, I discovered that I was overbilled by $248. The reason? "Somebody made a mistake on the computer". My account is now overdrawn because of these clowns and apparently, neither the staff of the hotel or The Holiday Inn corporate people can reach the manager's cell phone. When I requested a fax to my bank to reverse their admitted mistake, I was told that "We are not authorized to do that"They could not find several reservations including mine. Unfortunately I arrived early enough that they found 2 rooms for my family.I would have been better off down the block. Avoid this place at all costs they do not have a clue nor due they attempt to resolve issues. STAY AWAY AT ALL COSTS.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2009

I stayed at this hotel for a family event and felt like a hostage. It's the only hotel in the area so there is no competition and the staff knows it. In fact, the manager, Corine, said she didn't care what I wrote on Trip Advisor because, "We are always full."

When I complained about the very loud drunk guests who congregated in the hallway just outside my room from 1:00am - 3:00 am Corine told me I should have checked out. I am not kidding! At that point I realized she was completely unreasonable.

And to top it off, they really messed up my group's reservations, telling some people they were full and then booking 5 rooms for one guest - for the same night.

Extraordinarily bad customer service. The manager needs to be replaced.

Plus there was mold in the shower. Gross!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2009

Having been let down in our original choice of hotel we were fortunate to spot this hotel on a main road. Reception could not have been more helpful in trying to accommodate us for a three nights considering they were housing wedding parties during our stay. Indeed all the staff we met were pleasant and helpful. Our room was large, comfortable and decorated in a simple airy fashion. It was clean and had everything a traveller needs.
The hotel has a guest laundry which is a very useful facility. The breakfast buffet consisted of the usual cereals, breads etc. plus a daily cooked dish which was probably heated up on the premises.
Being by a busy road there is a certain degree of noise but it did not disturb us unduly.
There is no restaurant on the premises but next door is Marco's which supplies good fresh pizzas, subs and salads. There is also a very good Italian restaurant across the road.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2009

We came here so that I could run a course in a town just down the road. We picked the Holiday Inn as it had not let us down for the entire trip. What you get at this place is massive rooms, good beds, great facilities and very helpful and courteous staff. This was a real gem and would absolutely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed May 12, 2009

Some of the reviews we had read on this site indicated the staff was unfriendly and uncaring. Over the two days we stayed there, we found all the employees we met to be friendly, cheerful and helpful. The premises are clean and well maintained. We enjoyed the indoor pool and hot tub. The breakfast offers a variety of food and drink, something for everyone. The only complaint I had (traveling companion didn't care) was that the air conditioning unit didn't work properly. Thus, we slept with the window open and heard the neighbor's winchimes all night, as well as traffic on Route 1.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2009

In our 50+ years of traveling this was honestly an over the top 3 nite stay. The staff was A1 and the rooms were immaculate and brightly decorated. The breakfast was great. Being hard to please we felt thoroughly comfortable. Kudos to the management for this gem. A side bonus were windows that could be partially opened for fresh air.
Hard to please seniors, Joe and Carol

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Branford
Baymont Inn & Suites Branford / New Haven
Hyatt Place Milford/New Haven
New Haven Village Suites
New Haven Village Suites
#5 of 12 in New Haven

Been to Holiday Inn Express Branford/New Haven? Share your experiences!