Days Inn Conference Center Branford / New Haven
$69
RodewayInn
$66
$119
Americas Best Value Inn(Branford)(Great Value!)
$79
Branford Motel(Branford)
$59
$50
Quality Inn East Haven(East Haven)(Great Value!)
$76
Hotels.com
$72
$100
$99
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 19, 2013

This is the first hotel I've been in refusing early check-in. Morning staff doesn't know how to deal with guests. Manger ignored me while talking. Morning, I wake up from next room noisy because it is under construction. They provides poor internet. Days Inn will lose its name under this management.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Priceline once more guided us to the cheapest place in town. The location is fine - just off the interstate - in fact, it's very close to the junction. That is the best thing that you can say about the motel.

Check-in was poor. The receptionist had a poor command on English and struggled to use the computer reservation system. He was eventually bailed out by the manager. We also had to haggle to get the published internet rate. As well as barely speaking English, the first guy wasn't very friendly either.

We wanted two rooms. The motel car park was not full but we were placed at opposite ends of the complex. We were situated upstairs. There was no elevator. There was no assistance with our luggage or transferring our daughter to the room.

The room is as dated as other reviewers have described. There is also a stale smell that emanates from the walls. It does bring on a wave of nausea. The room also brings on a separate wave of fear as you spend your first fifteen minutes in bed convinced that you are being bitten by bed bugs. In fact, we were not and the linen was fresh. The wall paper was peeling and tobacco stained. The bathroom had mould on the shower curtains. Our friend refused to use their shower for hygiene reasons.

There is free coffee and pastries in the morning, in reception. We declined. When I handed back the keys, the manager didn't even bother to ask how we found the accommodation.

Days Inn should be ashamed to have their sign above this establishment. We only didn't walk out immediately because is was so late and we were so tired. This is third rate accommodation that belongs in the third world. Don't stay here.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 10, 2013

My wife and I went to a show nearby on a Saturday night. We decided to check in Friday and leave Sunday and spend the weekend close to the shoreline. We were going for inexpensive. The room was clean. Good place to crash for the night & get cleaned up to go out. Always had hot water. We were hardly ever in the room as we were out sightseeing and then the show. I really did not interact with the staff except check-in & out which happened quickly with no problems. I would go back to this hotel for this type of stay but if I was staying longer and expected to be staying in the room more often, I would have gone for something different. Overall a pleasant stay for our purpose. P.S. The show we saw gets 10 stars. Chieli Minucci @ Home Restaurant. 11/09/13

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We have stayed at this Hotel before and never had an issue, however this past weekend was VERY BAD. First off, every other time we went there, we had at least a table or a desk in the room so if we wanted to eat or use our computer we could. This time Nothing. We asked and were told that now they are only supplied in "Business Class" rooms and we could have one but it would cost an extra $10.00 per night. Then we had Fruit Flies in the room. When I brought this up to the clerk, (wait till you hear how) he told me he would leave a memo for the manager for the morning. The manager gave me the story that they clean the room and flies can come in from an open door. These were fruit flies. You get fruit flies from rotting food or dirt not from opening your door. We had to cover our sodas as not to get insects in them. Now as to how I wound up talking to the clerk. I went to urinate in the toilet, flushed it and the thing filled to the brim just about spilling over. I contact the desk and get told that there is nobody they can send to fix the room however I can come down in 21 degree weather to get a plunger and try and fix it myself. So I do this and plunge away only to get a big wad of paper towels coming out of the freakin toilet. Strange thing as the rooms don't have paper towels only the maid service does. The managers response to this "All we do is clean the rooms sir, we don't check them out". Now my wife and I go there when we want to get away from the home life and have some peace. I can tell you this much, In the future, We will not be going to this place again.

Room Tip: ps - no fitness center, no room service and the pool was closed and covered any we went there and there was a hot tub but it is now the of TREES
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2013

This hotel was out dated. Though we were in a non smoking room, you could tell that this room had been a smioking room for many years. The property itself was in poor shape and there was trash through out the stair wells. I will definitely choose a different hotel if ever in this area again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family