“Suitable for a night stay”

Days Inn Conference Center Branford / New Haven
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Branford
Brooklyn
“Suitable for a night stay”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

1) I checked in around 4. The clerk was friendly. She gave great options and directions. She offered a room with two queen sized beds instead of the king, which I had reserved. I didn't think that was an option, but she was willing to place me wherever I was comfortable. It was nice to have to option.
2) When I attempted to enter my room (Rm108), I thought there was something wrong with my key. Instead, there was something wrong with the door. I had to shove it open to get in the door. Not a big deal, just annoying for the two minutes that I stood there. Upon entering the room, I thought it looked pretty standard. This was the case until I went into the bathroom and noticed 8-10 dead bugs under the sink. I felt pretty good about the idea that they clearly sprayed some type of bug spray. Unfortunately, no one checked back to ensure that what was left of the bugs was cleaned up.
Other than the doors and the bugs, my stay was fine. The door was just a poor first impression and I really don't like bugs.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

daysinnbranford, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Conference Center Branford / New Haven, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Denise,
Thank you for taking the time to review us. We sincerely apologize for the mishaps that occurred during your stay. The management here at the Days Inn of Branford takes matters like this very seriously & the appropriate changes have been made to ensure that incidents like this do not happen again. We appreciate your compliments and positive attitude despite these negative attributes & hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Saint Louis
Reviewed May 31, 2013

The staff was great, very nice and helpful ... The breakfast could have a few more hot choices ... The room was nice ..
Would stay again

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Mary,
Thank you so much for your input! We always appreciate when guests follow up with reviews. The staff here at the Days Inn of Branford is very pleased to hear you felt they were hospitable & accommodating! We've also taken into consideration your opinions on breakfast choices. We hope to see you again soon!
Rochester, New York
Reviewed May 24, 2013

We were in need of lodging in the general New Haven area for graduation ceremonies related to Yale University, and the late date of our efforts to book a room limited choices. We found lodging for two nights at this facility, and now understand why they still had rooms available. We were lodged in the building they use for the "conference" experiences and found it to be well below par. We arrived at night and found the parking lot to be dangerously dark. The back door to our floor had a security lock requiring card entry, but the door frame had been jimmied and the door hardly closed. It was clear that this damage had been done long ago yet it remained broken. When we opened the door to enter we were met with a horribly musty smell. The rooms were poorly furnished with outdated appointments and one room had large burns on the rug from a iron. When they cleaned our room on the second day they naturally removed old cups, but did not replace them with new ones. We learned this as we attempted to brush our teeth before retiring for the night. I suggest you avoid this facility if possible.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
daysinnbranford, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Conference Center Branford / New Haven, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Theoden,

I wanted to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you endured during your stay with us. The back building is an area we use mainly for conferences and group stays but during busier times we can't always accommodate our guests to stay up front. We have begun the necessary renovations to make both of our buildings more pleasant and comfortable for our guests, through new paint, furnishings, lighting, signs, and repairs on the exterior of our hotel. We have taken your comments very seriously & are using them to improve and better our facility & our guests' experiences. Thank you for voicing your opinion & being honest with us. We hope with our new changes we will be able to prove how much our customers opinions mean to us & that we will see you again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Branford
Baymont Inn & Suites Branford / New Haven
La Quinta Inn & Suites New Haven
Tower Inn & Suites
Tower Inn & Suites
#3 of 3 in Guilford

Been to Days Inn Conference Center Branford / New Haven? Share your experiences!