“Fever and Vomiting from the food at this restaraunt”

Assaggio Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Assaggio Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 148 Restaurants in Branford
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Had dinner at this restaurant and became violently ill from the food.
Do not go here. They must have left the food out in the warm kitchen and
not refrigerated it causing bacteria to grow.

Again, this place is dirty and not good.
Not worth the risk of becoming ill.

1  Thank Roger E

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Place is a little small and not so OMG beaufiful, but the service and food were excellent. 2 couples for a night out and we really enjoyed the place. We eat out alot and we will definately return to Assaggio's. Our waiter Pete did a great job keeping us happy and we were all very satisfied with the apps, meals and drinks.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Heard a lot about this place and since we live in town we decided to give it a go. Started with the duck spring roll. Horrible, the duck meat was like mush and very gamey, no flavor at all. Only a Neanderthal could like it. Next the salad. Basic ice berg lettuce with a few walnuts. All you could taste was the olive oil. Had to ask twice for some Balsamic to flavor it. My wife had the lobster ravioli in light vodka sauce. The sauce was so heavy she could not taste the fish. The ravioli was under cooked and the edges rock hard. I had the veal, eggplant, fresh mozz with peas. The peas were animal feed, large and undercooked, again no flavor at all except for bitterness. The veal was served with mashed potatoes, who serves mashed with a Italian veal???? My complaint only got me a "sorry about that". I sent the mess back to the chef, they didn't care at all. If you want a great meal at a decent price go to Nataz, in 20 years never had a bad meal there. Quite a difference between Nataz, pride, and Assaggio we don't care.

1  Thank John F
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I was delightfully treated to dinner tonight by my son, who was visiting from NYC. The young woman who seated us was cold and not welcoming one little bit (and there were only 2 other diners when we arrived at 5:30 pm, so we weren't bothering her!). We were seated and thank goodness our waitress was very nice and knew the specials, and the food we ordered was tasty. The wine list was my first tip off that told me something wasn't right -- it was old, dirty and worn at all 4 corners. I was afraid to open it. Then I looked down at the carpet and could see into their small bar area -- it is in deplorable condition. I had to question what does the kitchen look like? The carpeting hasn't been cleaned or touched in YEARS....it is obvious. So gross!!! It looks like the restaurant is just about making it...if they can't afford to get their carpeting replaced. They better do it soon, and it might help with the noise level that others have complained about. I won't return to this restaurant until I hear they have replaced the carpet.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

One of our favorite spots. Presentaion is wonderful and tastes are refined and gourmet. The sauces are expertly prepared and all ingredients very fresh. Menu offers wonderful choices all expertly prepared. Well trained staff. Delightful patio. Can be a bit noisy when packed.