“RubberShrimp”

Good for: Families with children, Large groups
connecticut
“RubberShrimp”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Hadn't been there in years, and I remember why. Drinks came with dinner, not before; appetizer were fried, even tho menu didn't say they would be; my shrimp was so overcooked that our cat could barely eat it (after i washed the seasoning off). The sauces were pretty good, tho. If you must go, go veggie.

• Visited June 2012

East Haven
“Terrific Indian food, wonderful service”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

My husband and I had a wonderful dinner, both ordering Shrimp Bengal, his very spicy, mine medium hot. The dishes, marinated tiger shrimp in a tomato-based yogurt sauce, were prepared exactly to order. The shrimp, perfectly cooked, were plump and tender and accompanied with saffroned basmati rice. We split a starter of Onion Bhajia, a combination of sliced onions, green chilis and spices, rolled in chickpeas and flour and deep fried. They were crispy, light and not greasy at all. We also had the house special naan, which featured freshly shredded coconut and nuts, and the sweetness provided a nice contrast with the spicy shrimp sauce. The complimentary dessert was a great ending for a relaxed meal. The courses were timed just right, with just a minute or so between them and without us feeling rushed.

The service is excellent, very attentive without being intrusive and the prices are reasonable. Judging by the number of people coming in to pick up food, they do a bang-up job of take out. There is a full bar available, as well as facilities for special events.

The restaurant is open seven days and also offers lunch specials from 11:30-3:00, plus a buffet lunch available Friday through Sunday. Park in the small lot behind the restaurant or along the Branford town green.

• Visited May 2012
“great indian food”
Reviewed May 9, 2012

We love this place - get take out often and also good with kids

Visited March 2012
Branford, Connecticut
“Bad experience, over priced.”
Reviewed April 5, 2012

For two take out dinners and two appetizers, paid $50. When I ordered I asked for 'extra'
nan since the many Indian Restaurants I have eaten in usually give one order of Nan.
Instead of explaining, I got home to discover no Nan included. Assuming a packing errort, I called and they asked if i wanted to come back for the nan, to which i agreed.

When I got there, they charged me $8 for the two orders of nan, and only then explained no free nan from them. And clearly nothing for the confusion. My problem.

Finally, I have eaten in many Indian Restaurants, and their food is only on par ewith others. And very over priced compared to others. Surprised so many call it 'best Indian'. Wonder how many they have tried. I often go 20-30 minutes away (New Haven, Middletown) because I prefer their food to Darbar.

My advice is you can find better indian food and you can't possibly pay more for it.
Not sure who they think they are, do know i won't go back.

• Visited April 2012
“Reasonable and Delicious”
Reviewed January 26, 2012

I love splitting the Non-Vegetarian Thali dinner special with my bf- great value and very good!

Visited January 2012