“Do NOT touch the crab legs before 4 pm !!!”
Review of China Garden Buffet - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
China Garden Buffet
Cuisines: Chinese
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Do NOT touch the crab legs before 4 pm !!!”
Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

Went there with my 2 11 yr old stepsons and fiancé at about 3 pm and paid the lunch price . The boys were charged adult price , children are 8 and under.
They put crab legs out at 3:45 and not thinking ( I paid for lunch) I filled my plate. The waitress followed me to my table and very loudly reminded me that I did not pay for dinner . She then told me that I can pay the $4 difference and eat them.
Wasn't trying to pull a fast one , honestly forgot . I put them back and when I went back up to the Buffett there were hand written signs in front of the seafood trays stating " for dinner only "
My advice : don't put the seafood out untill 4:00 . The food is mediocre and sits for long periods of time when it's a slow day . Kids were not impressed either. Go to the one in Orange instead ( chengs? )
Better selection and quality .

“Will Not Return for a 2nd Helping at China Garden Buffet”
Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

I was in the mood for Chinese food, so I tried China Garden Buffet with my two boys this evening.  The quality of the food was average at best.  Not terrible, but not the best I've had.  Some items on the buffet were definitely not fresh and the assortment lacked variety.  Adult and children's prices were listed, but apparently a 10-year old child does not qualify for the children's price.  Perhaps they were trying to make up for the lack of business tonight.  I would avoid the China Garden Buffet unless you are willing to roll the dice on the freshness an quality of your meal.

Denizli, Turkey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“average buffet”
Reviewed January 24, 2012

food is not gourmet but its convenient when you can fill your plate for 7 dollars.
soups are not for my taste but there is also ice cream and jasmine tea as well. i recommend the chinese beer with the food

Branford, Connecticut
“Only for non-fussy big eaters...”
Reviewed April 16, 2010

If you don't care about the quality or flavor of your food and you have a big appetite this is the place for you. Open buffet with a variety of fair to poor dishes. All you can eat. The price is fairly high for awful food but not bad for all you can eat. We did not really care for anything we ate and not being big eaters it was a waster of money for us. We brought our 2 year old who ate nothing and despite their menu saying children 2 and under ate free they charged us. We tried to have the charge removed and they gave us the no-speak English treatment. So not only is the food awful you stand a good chance of getting scammed...so check your bill.

1 Thank Veritas01