“Good Food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Nothing fancy. Good Mexican food for the everyday guy. No frills, good service, good food, reasonable prices.

There are newer reviews for SU Casa Mexican Restaurant

Reviewed March 20, 2014

We went here last summer while on a motorcycle ride near the shoreline. We have been patronizing this establishment off and on for many years. In those years, nothing much has changed. The food is OK but certainly not a stand-out. The help are courteous and polite. There are lots of other choices in the area so I would suggest you try them instead. Robert Irvine, take note on this one.

Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Su Casa has decent food and ok drinks. They are competent with the standards - their burritos fajitas and chimichangas are really good. The rice on the side is good but I wish it were warmer. Staff is nice. Overall Su Casa doesn't blow us away but it's nice to go when we are in the mood....

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Been going to Su Casa on and off for 20 years. It hasn't changed much and needs a good sterilization and new paint. A perfect candidate for Restaurant Impossible. The food is OK, not great and you can use a coupon on Monday nights to buy one/get one free. I would only go with a coupon, as in general, the food is overpriced.What the waitress did not convey to me is that they will add an 18% gratuity to the pre coupon amount. Now I don't mind them doing that but in this dark and dingy restaurant it is difficult to exam the bill to see that the gratuity has already been tacked on. The customer should be informed about the charge when the coupon is presented. I called today to speak to the manager and get a credit for the extra gratuity I added. I asked for the manager and indicated I had a customer service issue. The phone was put down and someone went looking for "Ivan". They came back and said Ivan was "busy" and could I call back at 2PM. I suggested that good customer service would provide that Ivan call me and asked that he do so.
Needless to say Ivan did not return my phone call and it's 4PM. I called Casa, and Ivan was not there. The individual I spoke to asked what the problem was and issued me a credit for the over payment. So be advised when using a coupon and read the terms and conditions carefully. Overall the wait service was good with the exception of the overcharge.

2  Thank JACKTHETRAVELBUG
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Came out for a late Saturday apps & margaritas. Place not busy at all. Opted for booth over bar seating. The margaritas were very good & so were the nachos ordered. Our waitress was kinda flat, I don't think she smiled once, & seemed tired, frustrated &/or burned out. Pretty cool themed decor & music. (BTW, the pic on here is not of the restaurant on Main St in Branford, CT, or is there more than one Su Casa Mexican Rest in Branford??)