“Not as good as I expected”
Review of Pasta Cosi

Pasta Cosi
Ranked #19 of 148 Restaurants in Branford
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Upscale but casual Italian Steakhouse in the center of Branford, Connecticut. Fresh homemade pasta and sauces paired with traditional Italian entrees and a high-end steak menu.
Reviewed February 3, 2013

The ambience was cool and casual and I anticipated a delicious meal, but I found it just average. Panne cotta had too much escarole and not enough flavor, my husband's scampi was mediocre, and the pasta with clams I make at home is ten times better than their "Mulberry St." Spaghetti with clams. Took a loooong time to get our apps too.

1  Thank maineaddict

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I have been going to this place for years and although it is cute it has most definitely changed since being down on Linden. The food is just ok, but some of the staff just need to go. My husband and I had dinner at the bar one evening and felt like we were putting her out. She was so busy chatting with friends that she was ignoring everyone else including the staff. We will not be returning as long as she is working there!

1  Thank nmhvineyard
Reviewed January 23, 2013

While not regulars we have dined here and at their previous location quite a few times ( 4 to 6 times a year). The food is always very good and more than enough for us...others have told us they leave hungry. Not the least expensive option in town but the food, especially the pasta is good and worth trying. If you enjoy a cocktail with your meal you'll be better served elsewhere. Poor pours and NYC prices for an average bar drink that can approach the price of a main course?! Still, the bar seems to do pretty well.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

Pasta Cosi was a regular spot on our dining circuit, with roughly 10 visits a year.
The food is usually predictable, which is good, and their cold seafood salad is often better than most other local restaurants. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable, if a bit slow on busy nights.
The one problem is that the shellfish is not always fresh, or fresh enough. This can be a fatal flaw for any restaurant, and frankly, it's inexcusable. Beware the steamer specials (apparently special items may be whatever's left over unsold at it's expiration date). Even the little neck clams, main ingredient in a most popular mulberry street pasta special is hit or miss for freshness. It's very hard to imagine how this is overlooked or tolerated by the owner. As stated, most of the pasta items are consistent and predictable, the specialty items, such as the sea bass can be exceptional, or under cooked and bit slimy. Worth checking out, but certainly not the best spot in town.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

We live here and this is by far the best in town. Before dinner they serve you with homemade Italian bread served with first cold pressed unfiltered olive oil from Italy. The pastas are made in house and the quality of the food is top notch. The sea bass is my wife's favorite and the spinach linguine is my favorite pasta. A must if you are in Branford.

1  Thank Nickyneedles