“New Kid in Town”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 17, 2014

We enjoy a few restaurants in Branford and we frequent them at least once a week. Nellie Green's, Campania, Assiago, Dockside, Pasta Cosi, etc. So when a new place opens up it takes us a few months to break away from our usual places. Last month a few were closed for the winter and or remodeling so we tried Home for the first time. Well, we have a new favorite. As a matter of fact we brought friends with us this month and it might be their new favorite as well. There's a large well-stocked bar, casual seating in the "living room" and more traditional tables in the dining room. Everything we've had there has been excellent: large salads, unique entrees and burgers with hand cut fries. For a quick mid-week meal or a special occasion on the weekend, you cannot go wrong.

2  Thank Vincent D

Reviewed April 15, 2014

My family and friends ALWAYS have a great meal at HOME. I always order a burger with fries. It's the best burger I've EVER had. My table guests have a more adventurous meal, but usually end up eating all my fries!! Thankfully, they're a very generous portion and there's enough to go around. Fries are uniquely seasoned as well. Yummy!! And the beer menu offers something for everyone...especially for me!!

Reviewed March 10, 2014

My husband and I were looking forward to our reservation at Home on March 8th for the past week to celebrate our 9th wedding anniversary and my 32nd Birthday. As always our meal was absolutely amazing! every time we go to Home we like to try something new off the menu. this time we had the Home style mac and cheese (spinach mushroom & Liuzzi's smoked mozz.) along with the crispy pierogi for our appetizers. you think "mac and cheese at a restaurant ?' i have never tasted mac and cheese like this before. if i didnt order their 18 oz Cowboy steak i would have ordered another helping of the mac! let me tell you about the steak, melt in your mouth and the flavor was to die for. they put this onion jam and smoked gouda on top. by far this was one of the best steaks i have had in years. My husband had the five spice dusted salmon. i am usually not a huge fan of salmon but this salmon had sooo much flavor even i loved it. Overall the experience we have every time that we go to Home is beyond amazing. From being seated to leaving for the night the entire staff at Home is friendly and very accommodating. We even have a favorite bar tender, Steve, who makes awesome drinks for people like me that say 'please make me something sweet and fruity". I cant wait until our next visit to Home so that i can try something new from the menu.

1  Thank angelamU2514BH
Reviewed March 4, 2014

one of the best chefs on the Ct shoreline... the menu is what one would expect in NYC or Chicago.. Jered is the consummate host and it is really hard to have a poor time there,,, in fact I dont think you could...

Reviewed February 28, 2014

I am on a low salt diet and asked that no salt be added to my food. We ordered fries for the table and the waitress brought out a special dish with some with no salt added for me. I didn't even ask but she knew enough to do that. I ordered a salad with grilled chicken and despite no salt being added the chicken was nicely seasoned and delicious. The others at the table had the homemade soup and enjoyed it. The waitress was wonderful. Chef knows what he's doing. Will return.