“Love Home”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have been here several times and every time I have had a great experience. The staff is great and the food is delicious. Its great for the whole family or for a girls lunch.. cant wait to go back!

1  Thank My2bratzs

Reviewed January 13, 2013

While its a nice place, a couple of things need to happen before I would return.

Dim the lights by the soft seating

Take suggestions from guests. Its not what you want on the menu but what the public wants. That who will pay your bills in the end. Food was average. Staff was good but owner needs to listen and let the staff do their job.

1  Thank thomasjsullivan
Reviewed November 30, 2012

If you are looking for a fantastic meal in a relaxed atmosphere, look no further. You will find that and much more at HOME. There are two unique dining spaces at HOME. The first is their "dining room" which is surrounded by windows, skylights and beautiful photos of Branford. The second, and my personal favorite, is the "living room". Big comfortable chairs and cozy sofas make you feel like you really are at home. It is the perfect setting for having a cocktail, sandwich or any one of the fantastic meals offered on their menu.
The food is always fresh and made from scratch. The menu consists of comfort foods with a twist. If I had to recommend just one item, and believe me this is hard because everything I have tried hjas been amazing, it would have to be the macaroni & cheese with andouille sausage. Words can't describe how good this is!

1  Thank mattyjax
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We recently dined at Home for the first time since Foe closed, and we feared that the food would not live up to Foe's heyday fare. However, we were very pleased with our meals, as well as with the range of choices. Originally we were seated in the rear dining room, which we found quite noisy, but our request to change location was handled smoothly, and we happily traded the echoes in the dining room for the rather weird bar music, which at least allowed us to chat during dinner. Service was attentive and unfailingly pleasant.

The atmosphere has been brightened considerably since the Webster's era; dark wood paneling has been painted white, and the bar area seems more spacious. The lounge-like seating area is relaxed and comfortable, as well. None of that would matter much, of course, if the food quality were not up to par, but in this case that is not a problem. We plan to return soon, which is the best recommendation we can offer.

2  Thank ambermom
Reviewed November 12, 2012

You MUST go here! The atmosphere is warm and comfortable. Beautiful bar area with fireplace was so pretty we decided to eat there..Bartender and all servers very attentive and friendly. Owner came around to chat. Great guy. Fantastic cosmos! Cold beer! I had the Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese that was INCREDIBLE! One of the best things I have ever tasted. (Im drueling thinking about it). My husband had the Pork Chop with some insanely yummy sauce on top. Cooked perfectly. Its a bit pricey BUT IT IS WORTH EVERY SINGLE PENNY!!! Great location in downtown Branford. Nice location for a pre/post dinner stroll. I cant wait to go back!!!

1  Thank joquendo