“Pretty good”

Ranked #20 of 153 Restaurants in Branford
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 15, 2017 via mobile

I'm a meat eater, not a veggie or vegan and I was impressed with the meal. My wife is a vegetarian and we brought her there for her birthday. I had the Crabbie Patty which was all vegan. I didn't expect it to taste like crab but there is good texture and a little "kick". It was served on a whole wheat bun with sweet potato fries and home made ketchup. For a vegan meal, I was satisfied. If you are a veggie or vegan, it's a great place for you. If you are a meat eater, there's a couple of dishes that you can tolerate for the pleasure of your other half!

Reviewed May 22, 2017

G-Zen is my favorite restaurant, as I've written in a previous review. My husband and I have eaten meals in many places around the world, and I still think this is the best place ever, even if you are not a vegan - and I am not one. It's a good idea to make reservations as they always seem busy. The staff are very attentive. For this most recent dinner, Sage was our server, and she was excellent. We had a lovely window seat, and our only complaint is that the table was unsteady when we leaned on it. My husband, chose the lasagna and enjoyed it very much. I selected the Crabby Patty with sweet potato fries. The "burger" was their vegan version of a crab burger. Although it did not seem similar to the real deal, it was still very good. We shared a Caesar Salad and found it fresh and tasty. Wine and kombucha on tap were outstanding. We took dessert to go - lemon lavender cheesecake and chocolate cake, both which were delicious. Can't wait to go back again!

Reviewed April 6, 2017

My husband introduced me to G-Zen a couple of years ago, and I fell in love with it. It has the best food I have ever eaten, except for my husband's cooking; even the water is good. Because of the distance, we do not get to eat here often, so it is a real treat when we do. We are not vegans, but always have an amazing meal there. It looks tiny from the outside, but it is very roomy, yet cozy, with three different sections for dining. The staff are very friendly, experienced and helpful. This specific night was an unplanned visit to G-Zen, and we were lucky to get a seat. I recommend reservations. My husband, who is a chef, chose the special: Mexican Lasagna, and he said it was "exceptional". I selected another special: Raw Zucchini and Kelp Noodle Pad Thai. My husband sampled it, and we both agreed it was amazing. Wine and beer were fine. We took a slice of Coconut Love Cake home to share. It was surprisingly, very sweet but delicious. It doesn't get better than this for vegans, vegetarians and the health conscious. A jewel of a place. I have yet to find anything that compares.

2  Thank Book04
Reviewed March 23, 2017

The food is great and different, the service is good. The place is small but well decorated. My only issue is its really expensive and I had to hold off on going there as much as I wanted to.

1  Thank damong1017
Reviewed March 1, 2017

Have dined there on several occasions, and never disappointed. Imaginative choices, great service, great taste. A little pricey, but well worth it.