“A Real Gem in Branford”

Ranked #19 of 147 Restaurants in Branford
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 17, 2013

My fiance and I visited his family in Branford. We are both vegan and decided to try G-Zen. We absolutely loved it. The menu is varied and there are lots of choices. Our meals were exceptional. The service was very good and the atmosphere is pleasant. The prices are reasonable. It's a great casual restaurant with great healthy food. I am looking forward to going back when I visit Branford.

1  Thank JIA-7
There are newer reviews for G-Zen

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We like this restaurant very much but have to say that it is a bit too pricey for what you get. Not very large portions.

A thin slice of lavender cheesecake, though very yummy cost 14.00 and I thought that was rediculous....this is not NYC!

Overall, staff and waitresses very nice and helpful....lovely atmosphere as well.

I say, if you are a vegan and money is no object then you will love this place and return often.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Wonderful atmosphere, friendly and knowledgeable staff and amazing food. I tried the vegan cheese plate - three home made varieties of 'cheese', all made from cashew but all unique and different in texture and taste. The cheese was served with wonderful freshly baked bread and grapes. It was a real joy to discover such lovingly prepared and tasty vegan food. I can't wait to go again. This is my favorite restaurant - after only one visit.

1  Thank KatgrrlCT
Reviewed April 20, 2013

This resturant is terrific. We have been there several times and LOVE everything we have eaten. Casual atmosphere and pleasant servers. Our only complaint is that they nickle and dime you for everything...$5 for bread, $2 for a ramekin of sauce....come on, the markup on the food should be more than enough.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

This restaurant has been given rave reviews for their vegan cooking and I am sure it is seems great to those who practice that philosophy. I am not even close to being vegan but wanted to try GZen because of reviews I had read and decided to take advantage of our local restaurant week. Really, unless you are quite used to large doses of plant protein, don't go for a three course meal. As we worked though our dinner, everything started to taste alike, the texture of every dish was somewhat mushy, and we felt abnormally full by the time we finished. We explained to our waitress that we were unfamiliar with vegan food and she didn't do much to explain anything. On top of that, the menu was a fixed price with gratuity included, which we only found out later that evening when we went online. We left a 20% tip not knowing this, and the waitress never said anything to clarify that tip was already included. Just not a great experience for non-vegan diners.