“Comfy stay, good spa and amazing people”

By The Sea Inn and Spa
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Branford
By The Sea Inn and Spa
Ranked #5 of 5 Branford B&B and Inns
Roslindale, Massachusetts, United States
“Comfy stay, good spa and amazing people”
Reviewed June 16, 2012

First of all, the people running the place are really nice - the innkeeper, the manager, the receptionist and the spa folk. Secondly, the room was comfy, quiet and basically a great place to get some sleep, which was all we required. Nice setup for something to munch in the morning.

I waited while my partner was getting their manicure/pedicure, and the chairs in the waiting room are really relaxing while soft music drains your battery completely - I was a very mellow man when we left.

What really mattered to me here was that I had forgotten a coupon we had gotten for Christmas, and everyone was not only patient, but the manager had me mail it back and has promised to credit the card - I'll bet some places would have said, "tough luck." Not only that, but because something odd happened to the finger nails a few hours after the session, I just received a package from them with some of the polish in it - not only will my partner be able to fix her nails without a problem, but they really proved they truly care about what they do.

We've got a bunch of folks in the Branford/southern Connecticut area we visit, and will be looking at this as a place to stay when spending the night.

Very cool...

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank DBC29

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Along the Connecticut shore, Branford's central location makes this the ideal place to stay for a mini vacation. Minutes from New Haven and directly off Interstate 95, you'll find Branford to be a convenient and fun place to stay while visiting the Connecticut seashore.
Branford is located in the Southern part of Connecticut, only about 10 minutes from New Haven, along the Connecticut shore. From the East and North (Boston, Providence and Portland), take I-95 South to Exit 54, Branford.
We stayed at the By The Sea inn, a cozy combination bed & breakfast / spa. We also took advantage of their discounted mid-week “Bliss Package” which included a spa treatment. A small inn, it meant the night sleep was quiet and enjoyable here. Innkeeper Mary Ellen was very nice, and full of information about where to go, what to see, etc. Call her at (203) 483-3333, or visit www.bytheseainnspa.com for more info.
Branford’s bustling marinas and yacht clubs offer a hearty welcome to boaters and land lovers alike. The Branford River is home port for hundreds of boats at more than six facilities offering a full range of marine services. At the mouth of the river is Branford Harbor and Branford Point, providing vistas of the Branford shoreline and Long Island Sound. We boarded The Sea Mist and enjoyed a pleasant 45-minute narrated cruise around the Thimble Islands. Call them at (203) 488-8905, or visit www.thimbleislandcruise.com for more info.

Room Tip: With only three bedrooms, I say you can't go wrong with any of the choices.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BostonGourmet48
Bronx, New York
Reviewed April 6, 2012

The inn and spa in this little town is great for a very low key weekend. The inn itself is a little dated and the accomodations are similar to staying over at a family members house (nice and clean but nothing special)

We stayed in the largest room ( I believe the Anne?). We brought our own wine and enjoyed a nice evening, there is no television in the room. The jacuzzi tub is very old and is loud but does work.

We really enjoyed walking in to town and having dinner and drinks, it's an adorable town!

We each had a fully body massage (great!) and a spa pedicure (my husband got a "man foot treatment" which was a pedicure unbeknownst to us at the time). I would definitely skip the pedicure, the room was very warm and the seats are not that comfortable.

All in all this is a good trip for overnight just to get away, definitely not a five star location but comfortable and relaxing.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Marissa D
Connecticut
Reviewed January 9, 2012

I go here just about every 4-6 weeks for a massage and facial. The place is definitely outdated but the technicians and line of products are excellent. The services are reasonably priced and the staff is always friendly.

I don't think I would recommend staying here overnight but for spa services I do love it. It located about 5-10 minute walk into the heart of town, but there aren't any views or a whole lot going on.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank stiney23
Middlebury, Connecticut
Reviewed May 10, 2011

My husabnd and I were excited to score a Groupon to stay at this Inn. While I cannot speak for the spa experience, I can tell you that the Inn was certainly overpriced for the experience. The view was not at all what I expected. You could see an abandoned, rusty warehouse from our window! The room decor was extremely outdated (my husband said he felt like he was sleeping in his grandmother's bedroom) and there were no televisions in the rooms (we don't watch a lot of television but would have liked the option). I don't consider myself to be picky but for $150, I could have had a better experience at a Holiday Inn.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Snappi0520
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed May 9, 2011

IT'S A NICE PLACE TO STAY... relaxing, clean, the breakfast could be better but it is very nice.. its not actually on the beach like i thought. Id stay again though. Massages are great!

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank XoAOrtiz
Massachusetts
Reviewed April 26, 2011

The inn is charming! The room we stayed in was small but comfortable and more importantly clean. There was a white noise machine in the room we stayed in which made outside noise not existent (should be mandatory in hotel rooms everywhere!). The temperature in the room was quite hot at night and the windows were unable to be opened so sleeping was somewhat restless.

I was unable to frequent the spa. I had an appointment for an afternoon massage but got held up in traffic on our way to Branford (would have been 20 minutes late). I tried to reschedule but the spa was not able to accommodate, even for an alternate treatment, due to other appointments. Although, not the spa's fault it was disappointing.

Overall I would say my experience was average. I'm not wowed in to going back, but wouldn't not stay here again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Rogue2383
Also consider these accommodations in or near Branford
Holiday Inn Express Branford/New Haven
Omni New Haven Hotel at Yale
Saybrook Point Inn & Spa
Saybrook Point Inn & Spa
#1 of 7 in Old Saybrook

Been to By The Sea Inn and Spa? Share your experiences!