“Good seafood”

USS Chowder Pot III
Ranked #9 of 148 Restaurants in Branford
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: For 36 years our customers have enjoyed award winning seafood, slow roasted prime rib and USDA Choice steak. Chowder Pot III has two large dining rooms and a very popular Captain's Lounge featuring a raw bar. Happy Hour Mon-Fri, 3:30p-6p Pick out your own live lobster from our tanks from 1-15 lbs.!
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I always like Chowder Pot 111 because they have really fresh and very good seafood. I also like the atmosphere and the service.
It is not too pricey for a good seafood dinner.
I always look forward to going there with friends and family.

There are newer reviews for USS Chowder Pot III

Reviewed February 25, 2013

My boyfriend and I try to go here every Monday night. The lobster is at a really cheap price. He gets the baked stuffed lobster. He is so happy every time. I usually get a chicken dinner, since I do not eat seafood. I am happy every time. Their bread is so good with honey baked on top of it. The salads are really good as well. They also have 1/2 priced apps. during happy hour.

The restaurant is very comfortable inside. One of our favorites!!!!

1  Thank liz l
Reviewed February 20, 2013

The wait for a table was an hour and 45 minutes so we ate at the bar. My son age 22 loved the fries and steak which was well prepared. I had an awesome app of grilled shrimp stuffed with mozzarella and wrapped in bacon. As the say everything tastes great with bacon. I had the small portion fried seafood plate. The fish, calamari, and shrimp were excellent and cooked just right. What was impressive were the scallops which were sweet and properly cooked. Scallops can be a tough cook and not always sweet and fresh these were close to the best I've had. Great beer and martini choices. The staff were efficient and attentive; the food came out right away and hot....a definite stop if I'm in the area

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Always a good place to get a good meal. Servers were really loud in the back of the house. nothing to write home about. Its just a good average place.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Started off on the right foot there. The manager happened to be outside when I arrived and he walked in with me, opening the doors like a gentleman. Big smile, friendly and courteous. Hostess was told it was my first time by the manager. As she walked me to my booth, I was surrounded by delightful aromas.

My server, Sherry S, looks like a throwback to the 50's waitress era with her blue eyeliner and all, but she's probably 25 and knows her stuff. I had a ton of questions about the menu and she answered them all very well. She helped me make the right menu choices for me.

Brought out the bread drizzled with honey. This stuff is addictive. So delicious.

Appetizer was fried calimari and she brought out this HUGE platter. They do NOT skimp on serving sizes. You WILL need doggy bags at the end of your meal. Calimari, rings and tentacles both, were very tender, with a tasty marinara sauce and wedge of lemon.

Entree was lobster pot pie. OMG, to die for. Enormous chunks of lobster, and vegetables cooked to tender perfection. The lobster pieces were so large, I had to take them out, put them on my bread plate, cut them back into manageable sizes, and then put them back into the pot pie. But I didn't mind. So, so good.

Side orders come with the entree. I chose onion rings and pureed squash with cinnamon. Both were good but the squash was great. If I could make it like that, I'd eat it a lot more.

Paced myself as there was so much food. Brought home twice as much as I ate.

Atmosphere is dusky and was very quiet until one obnoxious group of young adults and someone's parents showed up next to me. They were really loud.

I did love the decor. You almost feel like you're sitting in a huge ship's galley or something. Lots of sea stuff hanging up. I love that kind of stuff.

My entire bill was $25 which I thought was extremely reasonable, given the amount of food I got.