“Wonderful, wonderful B&B!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bozrah
Fitch Claremont Vineyard Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Bozrah B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 1, 2011

My fiance and I had such an amazing experience at this B&B. Both Nora and Warren were fantastic hosts in every aspect and we found this to be one of the warmest, most welcoming stays we've ever experienced. Cozy, clean warm and luxurious... We plan to return ASAP!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AaronW26

Reviewed December 6, 2010

Nora and Warren were very excellent hosts! This was the first time we have been to this end of CT. We were going to see a show at Foxwoods and this was the best place for us to stay. I would definitely recommend it if you prefer to get away from the hustle and bustle of the casino nightlife. We woke up to the beautiful aroma's of Nora making breakfast in the mornings. We were pleasantly surprised to have breakfast wine accompanying our breakfast. Warren hit it on the nail with this 10 year bottle! The room and the bathroom was very clean. We definitely would love to come back when the vineyard is in full swing and to go hiking in that area. Highly recommended!!!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank NJ_Adventurer
Reviewed November 15, 2010

My 18 year old daughter and I stayed at Fitch because we were going to a concert at Mohegan Sun and wanted something close by that was homey and comfortable. We were greeted very warmly by the Inn Keeper's daughter who was taking care of the place while they were away. She was very accomodating and friendly. I had originally booked the room upstairs with my husband which had a queen size bed but he wasn't able to come so my daughter came instead. When she saw that I was with my daughter, she very graciousley offered the Waterman room downstairs which was available that had a California King bed with plenty of room for us to sleep. Everything was spotless and cozy. The next morning we had a wonderful breakfast with homemade coffee cake, fruit cup and hot chocolate which she had gotten special for us because neither my daughter or I drink tea or coffee. We had so much food that we couldn't finish it. I would definately go back and very much appreciated their hospitality.

• Stayed: November 2010
1  Thank netzell
Reviewed November 7, 2010

What a wonderful experience we had at Fitch Claremont. We were so comfortable and the atmosphere was homey and pleasant. After a day at Mohegan Sun, we were so glad to be able to unwind at Fitch. The innkeepers were gracious and the breakfast was delicious. The place was immaculate. It was such a pleasure to stay there. It was a home away from home. In addition, we met some fun and nice people who were also staying at the inn. We had a wonderful time.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kittycat001
Reviewed October 26, 2010

Our stay at the B&B was fabulous. Our room, The Waterman, was perfect. We loved the fact that it had a gas fireplace and it's own bathroom. The room lacked nothing, everything we needed for our stay was readily available. The complimentary wine, Olivia White, was superb. Our host Nora, was very gracious and the breakfasts were delicious.

The vineyard grounds were lovely and we loved it's proximity to the sights we came to enjoy. The whole B&B was tastefully decorated and it had a homey feel.

We would highly recommend it to anyone going to the Casino's or the Mystic area. We hope to visit again in the future.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mimi1231
Reviewed June 11, 2010

When visting friends and relatives my husband prefers to stay in a near-by B&B, We weren't sure what to expect in Bozrah, CT and were pleasantlly surprised by the Fitch Claremont. We only spent one night, wish we could have stayed longer.
Our first impression of the front of they House was that it was rather plain, however later we found the back grounds were just beautiful, with the sprawling vineyards, climbing roses on trellises, the old stone walls, and the red barn.
The inside of the House is beautifully decorated and immaculately clean. We enjoyed our stay the Claremont room with lovely and comfortable four-poster bed and jacuzzi.
The complimentary bottle of wine in the room was a nice touch.
Many of the other reviewers have described the fabulous breakfasts and we concur.
The breakfast room is bright and sunny, with lots of windows offering views of the vineyards. Nora has many beautiful house plants throughout the home. Breakfast wine was a pleasant surprise.
We found the Strongs to be excellent innkeepers, welcoming and congenial. In response to themost recent Southern reviewer, I think that the Strongs respect the privacy of their guests and are there when you need them.
We will definitely return.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2010

Room & bathroom both very clean, bathroom rather small. Took a long time for air conditioner to cool room so was difficult to get to sleep at first. Would have been nice to have air turned on before we arrived. Bed was comfortable and clean. Breakfast was lovely; nice fresh fruit, great French toast etc. Hot coffee/juice/ice water. You did not go away hungry. While hosts were friendly there seemed to be lacking a warmth (maybe it's because I am a transplanted southerner now) or real friendliness that we have experienced at other B&B's. I will not elaborate on "Throatee". That is for YOU to find out!!! It is one of a kind, that is for sure. In all my life I have never seen anything like it~ Kind of makes staying here well worth it!!!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bozrah
Abbey's Lantern Hill Inn
Roseledge Country Inn and Farm Shop
Captain Grant's, 1754
Captain Grant's, 1754
#2 of 3 in Preston
Stonecroft Country Inn
Stonecroft Country Inn
#2 of 3 in Ledyard

Been to Fitch Claremont Vineyard Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!