“Great Wedding at A Villa Louisa”
Review of A Villa Louisa

A Villa Louisa
Ranked #5 of 11 Restaurants in Bolton
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We held our wedding at A Villa Louisa on July 20th 2013. We were a small wedding held in the Sunset Room, a small room at the back of the venue. We also had our ceremony at A Villa Louisa. We were very pleased with the ceremony space. They have the traditional gazebo, but unlike many other gazebo spaces, their space is very beautiful. There are flowers all around the space and a lovely brick walkway. There is also a small waterfall installation at the bottom. The gazebo is circled by trees. It is a lovely spot, way beyond the normal gazebo space. They have a small bridge and archway for pictures that made for a lovely receiving line and picture spot. The sunset room is for a small party and fit us very well. The big plus for us was a separate bar area for the Sunset Room only. This allowed our guests to move around and have conversations in the bar area away from the DJ. We really customized our wedding and the owner was very workable to allow us to do what we wanted. We substituted the cake for an ice cream Sunday bar. We had him bring in a slushy machine for wine slushies. We changed up items on the menu and appetizers. No matter what we asked for they were very accommodating.
They do not offer tastings of their menu, which is a shame. We were looking for a reasonable venue open for our date which we were booking 4 months before the wedding, so I took a chance without a tasting, because the venue and price were right. We were AMAZED at the quality of the food. It was awesome, by far the best food I have ever had at a wedding. We opted for a buffet, and I am glad that we did because our guests could try everything. We also had hot butlered appetizers and some cold appetizers on a table. Every single item was delicious. My guests have all commented on the quality of the food and lamented that A Viila Louisa doesn't serve dinner to the public. We would all like to eat there again!
We did not do any extra decorating beyond flowers and favors on the tables, and everything was truly lovely. I did my own flowers, so I don't know about what is included in the package. I did not get a credit on the flowers but I didn't care.
There are a few drawbacks to the smaller space. There is no where for the bridal party to dress, but they allowed me to use a room anyways (the bigger room does have a dressing area.)
The wedding party has to walk up a hill or drive to go from the restaurant to the gazebo. This seemed annoying, but I drove my van up and we all waited inside, and it was fine.
Overall, this venue was wonderful. My guests loved it and so did I. Lana, the wedding coordinator, took good care of us, even though she had a bigger wedding in the other room. Everything was beautiful and the food was AMAZING.

3  Thank CtLinda

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Had my daughters sweet 16 there, it was a candy theme I asked if I could bring in a theme cake , they said no but for a extra 3.00 a person they could do it! I said no ( I'm already spending 19.00 a person) so I used their cake that came in the price ( they had no candles) ! They did let me bring in candy for the candy table but when we tried to bring in the cupcakes for the table they told us we could not! Again they could do it for 2.00 a cupcake! Are you kidding me! Bought 60 of them for 24.00! The owner was rude and will run that business to the ground! Food was not that good and bathrooms smelled of sewage and were dirty! I would not recommend this venue!

Reviewed December 5, 2012

My husband and I recently went to a wedding reception here on Nov 3, 2012. One of the waitresses dropped plates with salad and utensils on the floor next to my husband. The salad dressing spilled all over his jacket and shirt. When we got home with the jacket we also found that there was a slit in the jacket ruining it. My girlfriend and I took the jacket back to the owner of this restaurant to show him and tell him what had happened at the reception. We were treated with disrespect, hostility, and made to feel like we were trying to scam him. I have never been treated so terrible in my life. At one point he turned his back and started to walk away dismissing us. He said he would clean the jacket at his special cleaners but would do nothing about the hole/slit in the jacket which ruined it. So, we went to a wedding and ended up with a complete suit ruined which was not our fault. I work with the public all the time and if I treated someone that way I would be fired on the spot!!!

Reviewed July 28, 2012

Villa Louisa has a Sunday brunch which includes breakfast foods & dinner foods- both hot & cold with soft drinks & coffee included in their price. We took our kids and their little ones (a total of 6 adults, a 2 1/2 yr-old, & a 2 month old) last Sunday to try the brunch. We were very impressed by the amount and variety of the food, the attentive and helpful staff, and the scenic setting. All the food we tried was delicious and great accomodations were made for our little grandchildren. We have been recommending this to our friends since Sunday and will definitely return for this reasonably priced brunch.

1  Thank KJL220
Reviewed June 28, 2012

There are plenty of restaurants offering Sunday brunches in every New England state and some of them are quite good. Unfortunately, it's often hard to find one that isn't either reasonably priced, but quite skimpy in its offerings OR substantial in offerings but excessively high-priced. A Villa Louisa is the exception to both of these conditions. A Villa Louisa, set high on an easily-reached hill in Bolton, CT and overlooking the surrounding woods and farmland as well as the city of Hartford in the distance, affords the Sunday visitor an enviable brunch that is absolutely rich with culinary offerings, but at a highly reasonable price that would make almost every "brunch restaurant" envious. At $14.95, the visitor will be hard pressed to partake of all that is offered, ranging from fruits, to made-to-order omelets, to hot dishes of multiple varieties, to two carving stations to a tale loaded with desserts. But, one will not find it difficult to easily eat well enough to be assured of "getting his money's worth". The food is excellent and widely varied, the view and setting is serene and pretty and Alan, the host, is always ready to please with a warm and inviting personality. What more could an inveterate "bruncher" seek? One Sunday mid-day spent at A Villa Louisa and the visitor is virtually assured to return again. . . and again. . . and again. We do!

Been to A Villa Louisa? Share your experiences!