“Underwhelming”

Gillette Ridge Golf Club Grill Room
Ranked #15 of 49 Restaurants in Bloomfield
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 16, 2013

The view was really beautiful. I had gone online prior to our visit to see the menu--perhaps I looked in the wrong place because I was surprised to find pubfare food. When I asked about this, one of the women said perhaps I was looking at their catering menu--that was my fault. We had a couple of questions about the menu--the waitress seemed unfamiliar with it and even told us the wrong information about one of the ingredients of the dishes. She didn't know that there were no specials for the evening until she went back to the kitchen to ask. We were there for my friend's birthday and wanted to celebrate. I ordered both dessert items on the menu to be delivered to the table and asked that they put a birthday candle in it. The restaurant didn't have any--I've never been to a restaurant that didn't have any candles!

Honestly, the service was so underwhelming (e.g., it was a hot summer day and we kept having to ask for more water, it's not like they were busy--there was only one other group of people there) that I don't really remember all that much about the food itself.

Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

Very good apps and salads. Excellent service. Pleasant atmosphere looking out over golf course. Favorite time to visit is nice weather because can sit outside.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

You could be ignored for five minutes or so, but once you get their attention they'll treat you right.

Very relaxing outside dining.

In cold weather go somewhere else.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Most people think that this is JUST a 19th hole little clubhouse snack bar. What they have to do is get the word out that they are an excellent full service little restaurant where anyone can just drive in and patronize. I say this from experience. I've spoken to many people that think it's just available to golfers. C'mon guys, do some marketing. You have a good product. Just let everyone know you're a public restaurant