“WONDERFUL”

Painted Pony
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 4, 2015

I rediscovered The Painted Pony in September and it was such a wonderful experience my family & friends have dined there every Sunday since and a few days in between!

Owner, Jeannie is very accommodating; staff (especially Helen and Tanya) are always delightfully pleasant and attentive; Owner/Chef Mario prepares wonderful meals and often alters the dishes to honor our special requests.

Special favorites are the Chicken Alexander; The Sizzler; Shrimp Primo and baked Stuffed Shrimp! And another special treat is the homemade cheesecake!

Date of visit: September 2014

Reviewed April 22, 2015

As usual, the husband was weary of this place - he thought it was going to be the typical bar food and he pretty much just agreed to go to get me to stop asking to try it. Now he's already asked me if we can go there for MY birthday dinner and I've earned the chance to gloat about my fantastic food choices. We just went last night and we've already debated if it would be weird for us to go back again today. We don't want to look like crazy people, but I need more of this food.

We ordered the Grand Slam app sampler because it's just not in my moral code to turn down any sort of sampler platter. Everything was fantastic. The loaded potatoes were definitely not what I was expecting but now I feel I'll never be able to have them any other way! Jalapeno mac & cheese bites were so good, perfectly crispy and cheesy. The Grand Slam also came with wings, jalapeno poppers and fried pickles - all were delicious. I'm really excited to try the wings in more flavors other than just plain.

My husband and I each ordered a burger - his was cajun, mine was just plain with cheese. They come on ciabatta rolls, which he thought was very fancy but he was still weary of them actually tasting good. This burger was probably the best I've ever had and I've eaten many a burger in my day. Many. This was perfectly cooked (medium), size was generous and the veggies on top were incredibly fresh. I've commented before on other restaurants and how I'm severely picky about pickles - these pickles were phenomenal. The burgers each came with a side of something that I think was chipotle mayo.. whatever it was, its delicious. Fries were also really good- nice sized portion with the burgers and not greasy at all.

We were stuffed but couldn't leave without taking at least a peek at the dessert menu. We decided on the chocolate mud cake. Oh my word. It was AMAZING. It was actually love in it's physical form. It almost tasted like raw cake batter. Seriously amazing and I am not a dessert person whatsoever.

I'm torn between telling people to eat here because it's fantastic and telling people to not come here because I want to keep it to myself. But I'll be a big girl and will tell you go to there because it's seriously one of the best meals I've had in a long time. I cannot wait to go back!

Date of visit: April 2015
2  Thank Stinator
Reviewed April 11, 2015

This was our first time here and right away the hostess told not only our server but also the owner who stopped by our table to see how things were going. The food is thoughtfully prepared...great calamari with peppers balsamic drizzle and gorgonzola. My roasted pepper burger was cooked PERFECTLY...which is so hard to find these days a good medium rare....my husband had the light fare chix alexander and said it was amazing. Our server, Kelly was suberb at her job. We were too full for dessert, which was a bummer because their selections are plentiful and looked GREAT, so the owner gave us a cannoli to take home! Everyone at this place is extremely thoughtful, helpful and GENUINE. We cant wait to go back....

Date of visit: April 2015
2  Thank ladylaw7
Reviewed February 21, 2015

I have drove by this place many times. On Friday 2/20/2015 me and my wife stopped in for lunch. The first impression was the place was very clean and the host was very friendly. We were seated right away. Within a few minutes our waitress came over to see if we wanted our drinks. She brought them to us very quick (soda nothing fancy). We ordered our food just burgers but they were very good. My wife could only eat half of here because they were so large. I think for the portion sizes and cost it was a great value. I can't wait to go back.

Date of visit: February 2015
1  Thank stevet291
Reviewed February 21, 2015

The food is really good. I love the mozzarella sticks. My friend lives nearby and we go regularly for lunch. The staff is very friendly and their seasonal mixed drinks are awesome.

Date of visit: February 2015