“really disappointed”

The Chandi Boutique Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Batu Layar
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Actually I have not had time stay in this hotel because my plan will stay at 30 December 2012 - 3 January 2013. I have booked by Agoda since 15 October 2012 ref no # 22377833 and status is confirm and also already paid. I called Chandi a week after booking and they said they will check my status and will call me back but no call back from them. Last week 13th December I call them to make sure my booking and they could not give the right answer and their reservation staff try to avoid not answer my question and just said their manager will call me back.After call them three times finally I could talk to their manager and I was really surprised and disappointed when they said my booking from Agoda is not registered in their system due to any maintenance network . I trace this and expressed by one of their staff that my booking have forwarded by Agoda on the 15th October, so the problem is in Chandi not in Agoda. The problem is all room is full and now really hard to find a good hotel in Lombok during New year holiday. When I asked them what is their plan to solve this problem and they can't answer it properly. They said that they will help me to over to another hotel but until today I have not heard from them again. What would happen if I come on 30th December? because I still have the right to stay there because of the status of my booking is confirm.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Raisa L
TheChandiBoutiq... R, Manager at The Chandi Boutique Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2013

Dear Raiza L
Thank you for your comment “really disappointed”. As you mentioned in your comment “Actually I have not had time stay in this hotel” but you gave us for all our services 0 points! That makes us actually also really disappointed because TripAdvisor is a tool that should reflect the real experiences in a hotel and you just reflect a booking mistakes witch was caused by a system error. Anyway let me get back with some explanations. We informed you 2 week before check in that we can not accommodate you because we were fully booked. We asked you if we can assist you to find another hotel but you refused any assistance and you said you will handle it by yourself. Our Manager Mr. Wire was in touch with by phone and SMS so it is not true that we didn't get back to you. I can understand your disappointment but we offered our help.
I thank you for your comment but I hope future comments in TripAdvisor are more fair from your site.

Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

We only stayed for three nights but loved the chillness. Ok beach is not great, volcanic sand but the resort is right on the ocean and the pool is great. Rooms are well looked after and the resort feels new. Great bar and good restaurant. Not much to walk to but taxis are never far away. I have to say the staff member we dealt with was really up front an gave great advice. Great spot.

• Stayed: October 2012
10  Thank Pauliepaulie123
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Everything to tell about this hotel is already said :)
We stayed 3 nights and loved every minute of it.
All the staff was most helpful and more....
We hope to return in the future to Lombok and will certainly stay in this hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for a front sea view room, so you can overlook the nice garden as far as the Street of Lombok
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
11  Thank lazygirl42
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I stayed here after my trip to Gili Trawangan. Apparently, the Chandi Boutique Resort is under the same management with the hotel i stayed the other day (Living Asia), so I expect nothing less from the flawless service. Again, it did not fail my expectation. The hotel is less than 1 year old (slightly older than Living Asia), and relatively closer to the center of Senggigi. When arrived, I was greeted by my name. Check in process was instant, and we were served welcome drinks and fresh fruits. The layout of the hotel is pretty similar with Living Asia, with infinite pool, bar and restaurant by the beach side. Unfortunately, nothing much to do on the beach as it looks a bit dirty and rocky. The only slight difference is Chandi does not have second floor. Room is spacious (not that important to me) but bed was comfortable. The outdoor bathroom was great, but it's too open and considering the neighboring area (local people housing and lots of coconut trees) we have to make sure that noone is climbing up the coconut trees to have a peek on us. One other thing was, going back and forth to the bathroom, will invite mosquitoes to your bedroom. We were having a good sleep there, but was slightly awake at 4-5 am because of the neighboring mosque. But once again, flawless service from this resort always make my day.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Nelson P
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I stayed there solo one night and with my partner the next and both times the staff were so helpful and friendly. Lovely new rooms and the pool area is really chilled. A quiet place that you can keep yourself to yourself (especially having just done Mt Rinjani we needed to get clean, some R&R and do laundry) Great food and lovely fresh fruit at breakfast. It is a little far out of Sengiggi but that didn't matter for us.

Room Tip: as far away from the road as possible. noisy mopeds. so righthand side if looking back from the beac...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank Westwood2026
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Very friendly staff, always ready to help and accept comments easely to improve there services. Very nice rooms with open air bathroom.Food is good but european prices. Lovely pool but not much sun because of the palmtrees.
It is a pitty that it's far from the center of sengiggi, we like to walk but it took more then half an hour from the hotel to the center, the road is dangerous so a shuttle service would be nice altought the taxis are cheap but difficult to catch round 7 pm.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Lovely rooms, nice staff, resort layout lovely.
What lets it down is the terribly dirty beach, which they were trying to clean when we left.
Slightly off the main drag, so transport is needed to get in to sengeggi itself.
Breakfast menu is limited as is the lunch and dinner menu.
Coffee is truly awful.

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely with great bathrooms
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
#11 of 29 in Senggigi
Holiday Resort Lombok
Holiday Resort Lombok
#7 of 7 in Mangsit

Been to The Chandi Boutique Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!