Best Western Danbury/Bethel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Courtyard Danbury(Danbury)
View Hotel
All reviewsroom was cleanpancake makerovernight stophot itemsyogurtoff the highwayrestaurants and shoppingnice breakfastfirst floorcontinental breakfastnight staypleasant stayconvenient locationbwtargetdinerrates
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 31, 2013

The hotel is not easy to find on exiting I-84 & is not well marked with Best Western signs. The hotel on a whole is attractive & clean. The check-in host was not exactly welcoming or friendly to weary traverlers. The breakfast was not up to par for BW-the only hot food could come from the toaster & the donuts were cold from the freezer. We had made reservations to stay at this hotel on our return trip from ME, but our experience was so poor we took another route home & cancelled reservation.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I really enjoyed staying at all the Best Westerns during our summer vacation in July and August. We found them very clean and the people very nice. No problems. Perfect! The breakfast in the mornings were very good and the coffee was as good as it gets. We'll be staying again at he Best Westerns next summer. I recommend them, give them a try. I wish I had more vacation time, I'd know the employees by their first names.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Bennardo, Manager at Best Western Danbury/Bethel, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

We would like to thank you for your time to write a review about your stay. Thank you for the positive feedback. We truly appreciate it.
We hope that when you are in the area again you will visit us!

Rosaria Sproviero
Regional GM

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I'd recommend the Best Western Danbury/Bethel hotel without any qualification--if I hadn't awakened after a solid night's sleep with chills and fatigue that made me cancel my trip. The staff is excellent. The lobby is attractive and inviting--and CLEAN. The location is excellent.

But it's serious when a solid night's sleep results in a summertime cold. This was *not* a matter of setting the air conditioner too high. (I actually put on the heat before going to bed--and this was the first week of August.) The problem, at least in my room, was that the fan ducts are directly over the bed. They operate intermittently; photocopied--but incorrect directions--about how to operate the heating/cooling system are scotch-taped to the thermostats. Fan-noise is a matter of taste; a strong fan that can operate steadily acts as a noise barrier, especially in a hotel with corridor entrances. But it was impossible to set the fan either of the air conditioner or the heater on a "steady" setting at all, and when the fan was on, it was exceptionally quiet.

Finally, the housekeeping left much to be desired. No fingerprints were wiped down on the refrigerator or microwave; I hand-washed light switches and used tissues as phone-covers to call the front desk.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 6, 2013

This hotel is a great choice for a break form the road off route 84 just outside of Danbury CT. There are plenty of hotels in the area but this one is always a good choice. Nice - comfortable cleans rooms, easy check in, easy to find, many of the staff have been there for years and I have seen the same staff over the past 3 years there. Free Breakfast is very descent. Egg wraps, cereal, waffles, yogurt, fresh fruit, coffe, tea , pastries, OJ, Cranberry juice, bagels etc. Don't have to find a place to eat in the morning as the food is just fine here and is included.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We have stayed at this motel several times over the past 4 years and have always been satisfied most recently in April. We are planning on staying. Again this weekend it is a convenient location with nice rooms and a pleasant staff.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. The staff and I would like to thank you for being such a loyal customer. Looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Rosaria Sproviero