“Big property but very old”

Best Western Danbury/Bethel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Bethel
Princeton, New Jersey
“Big property but very old”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Had been to this hotel for 2 nights. Rooms are really big with king size bed. Even bathroom is also quite big. Since the property is very old the airconditioner makes quite a loud noise. Thry really need some sort of refurbishment. Even doing temperature setting also is quite a big job as you really need to do some research to find out the setting knob. Atleast I need to call the receptionist to do this job. Complimentary breakfast is really awful. Probably the only thing you can eat is cornflakes & milk as the bread they serve is not at all fresh. The location is quite decent enough as they have Target Hyper right next door & also couple of restaurants in walking distance. For couple of nights is a manageable option as a business traveller but with family you can give a pass.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank anir2k
Bennardo, General Manager at Best Western Danbury/Bethel, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our
hotel. We value our guests comments and take it very seriously..
Since your stay we have addressed and fixed the problem with the A/C unit and looked at our breakfast choices. I do apologize for any inconvience and hopefully when you are in the area again to please give us another try.

Regional GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Cape Cod, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The room was extremely hot and the temp was near impossible to control. The shower had no mix valve also making it impossible to adequately adjust. Other wise the room was clean and the breakfast was very good and the location is ideal for travelers to NYC.

Room Tip: Rooms on the backside are quieter
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Bennardo, General Manager at Best Western Danbury/Bethel, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you so much for writing a review and staying at the Best Western Plus Danbury/Bethel. It is very important to us to have guests give us feedback about our hotel. We do apologize for the inconvenience of the shower head and the heater. Our Chief Engineer was sent to the room and he made the necessary changes. We want to thank you also for the positive feedback about our rooms and the location. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

The guy at the reception was nice - he was helpful with everything. The room was clean. Furniture is not outdated. Breakfast was nice too. I would recommend this hotel for anyone who wants to stay a night or two at Danbury.

• Stayed January 2013
Bennardo, General Manager at Best Western Danbury/Bethel, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you so much for staying at the Best Western Plus Danbury/Bethel. We appreciate you taking the time to write a positive review. We are very pleased that we were able to meet your expectations. As always, we strive to meet and exceed the expectations of all of our guests. I hope that you continue to stay with us when you're in the area.

Devon, Pennsylvania, USA
Reviewed January 6, 2013

The rooms are large, well-equipped and clean. The staff is friendly and helpful. The breakfast is pretty good too! The location is convenient--just off Rte. 84. There is also acess to a local health club.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Bennardo, General Manager at Best Western Danbury/Bethel, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
We are very pleased that we were able to meet your expectations at the Best Western Plus Danbury/Bethel. As always, we strive to meet and exceed the expectations of all of our guests. I hope that you continue to stay with us when you're in the area.

Schenectady, New York
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I have stayed here 2 or 3 other times over the past 5 years when working in the area and may have even reviewed it previously. It's not a bad place and definitely would stay here again. There were a few minor annoyances this time that I believe were isolated to my room (room 115 - King size with fridge and microwave). First, the bathroom sink didn't drain well so would fill up unless you had the water on very slow (not quite a trickle). Second, the shower faucet and diverter were difficult to use...too tight...and the water pressure was low and the hot water wasn't very hot. Third, there was some kind of odor in the bathroom...I believe maybe it was the water (sulfer water type smell, but was faint). Fourth, there was a portable electric space heater sitting on top of the AC/heating unit...not sure why as the heat worked just fine. That really wasn't a problem, just rather odd I thought. Other than that, it's quiet, clean, decent breakfast and coffee, relatively comfortable bed, very good internet, and nice front desk people.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank SirVayR
Bennardo, Manager at Best Western Danbury/Bethel, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our
hotel. We value our guests comments. .
.Since your stay we have addressed and fixed the problems in your room. . I want to thank you again for staying at the Best Western Plus Danbury/Bethel and hopefully to see you again soon.

Regional General Manager
Herminie
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I checked in a Sunday night, went to get my shower Monday a.m. and did not have hot water. I was told that something went out during the night but it was back on. Mmm, should I go back to my room and shower again -is there not a back-up. Monday p.m. returned to my room and noticed there were not any washclothes. Went to the front desk and they returned an hour later w/ two. Went to use them Tuesday a.m. and found one of them had a giant hole in it. Tuesday night checked for hole's and did not find any, however, upon inspection the one wash cloth perhaps had seen better days (better than hole's). Wednesday night returned to my room w/o wash clothes again. Spoke to the front desk who later gave me a bath towel (not a wash cloth) and was told that was all they could find. Didn't need a bath towel. Spoke to Manager Thursday a.m. and returned w/ an improvement Thursday p.m. Rather later though since it was my last night. Wish I had spoken to the manager sooner perhaps things would have been better. I may not have written any review but in further thought just couldn't let this go.

Here is what is good: The kitchennet's in room, comfy bed, and location. I could shut off the a/c heater and didn't have to listen to the fan all night. The manager was helpful (except when I spoke to him about the hot water) and one older woman at the counter was helpful in restaurant recommednations and even pulled out the menu folder for me to pick and choose from.

However, I still would NOT recommend this hotel. I think they need to go back to hospitality
101.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Bennardo, General Manager at Best Western Danbury/Bethel, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for your review. Your feedback is very important to us. We apologize for the hot water problem. It was solved immediately. When traveling to the area again please email me directly and I will make sure your stay will be perfect.

GM
Vaorbust
Reviewed September 11, 2012

This Best Western is located just off the freeway, and is cheaper than trying to stay in Hartford !
It is about half way up the coast if you are going to New England. Standard Best Western Motel Room with decent beds. The continental breakfast was very average so you might want to save up for a good solid breakfast at a restaurant. This hotel was sold out on the weekend, so book in advance.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Bennardo, General Manager at Best Western Danbury/Bethel, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Thank you for your review on the Best Western Plus. We value our guests comments. Since your stay we expanded our breakfast options and we hope to see you in the future when you are in the area again.

GM
Best Western Plus Danbury/Bethel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bethel
La Quinta Inn & Suites Danbury
Ethan Allen Hotel
#2 of 15 in Danbury
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bethel/Danbury
Holiday Inn Danbury-Bethel At I-84

Been to Best Western Danbury/Bethel? Share your experiences!