“Fabulous... Ask for Christine!”
Review of Tonelli's Restaurant - CLOSED

Tonelli's Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed June 3, 2014

This was our first time back since Tonelli's re-opened and we were thrilled to find they were better than before! There were four in our party, my parents and my husband and myself, and we had a great night out. The food was fabulous... I had the soft-shell crabs, a Special that night that was to die for! Our waitress Christine recommended it... along with our choice of wine and my husband's entree! She got it right on all counts! Seriously, she added to the enjoyment of the night with her pleasant personality and knowledge of the menu. If you go, ask to be seated at one of her tables! We went home with more food than we ate, but that's only because their portions are massive. My dad can eat anything... he couldn't even finish his meal! Great food and plenty of it. Add Christine to the mix and you have the perfect night out!

1  Thank cinsaprilshowers

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Two steps above average. We have lunch here frequently as it is close, portions are more then ample and price is reasonable. Main reason is the super service from the waitress, kim. She is often the only waitress on and she can handle it with great efficiency! The food is consistently good and they will do what they can to accommodate special requests. I had the grilled pork chop in a marsala sauce which was not on the menu, and was cooked perfectly. My husband typically orders the veal parmigiana. Soup and salad included. As for the bar scene, it is not busy at lunch. We also miss Henry the bartender who was let go recently (???). Nice decor and restrooms are very clean. I do recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

i was in a group of about 20 served family style. The food, ziti in a kind of vodka sauce, eggplant parm, and chicken piccata was just outstanding. There were at least 12 huge platters for the 20 of us. This was not your average steam table or buffet food. This food was totally outstanding. The service equalled the food.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

We have been going to tonellis for lunch, dinner and drinks for the past 3years. The only reason we go there is because of Henry, the very attentive and efficient bartender. It seemed like whenever henry was working there was a packed bar, because he had a great following. After 20 years, the new owners have recently fired him for reasons that escape all of us.
We never went to Tonellis for the food, which is mediocre italian, portugese style. We loved the bar, and the generous glasses of wine, but Henry was our reason for ever going to Tonellis, so we will not be back.

1  Thank wennalicious
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Warm,accomodating and friendly staff. Fresh pasta dishes are delicious and plentiful. Interactive live music , always a crowd pleaser. Owner Mike and wife mingle and make everyone feel like family.