“Consistently Good Food!”

Empire of the Incas Restaurant
Ranked #26 of 80 Restaurants in Bethel
Cuisines: Peruvian
Description: This restaurant features fine Peruvian cuisine. It is located in a very small strip mall. I feel it deserves to be listed: we enjoyed eating there very much, and I will write a review once you list this restaurant.
Reviewed March 27, 2012

The dishes are all fresh and flavorful. The soups are really good. The ceviche was good but should be an appetizer not an entree. Take out is expensive for the amount you get but it is still worth it.

4  Thank BMorrell

Reviewed February 28, 2012

I was looking for a different style of food so I took my wife for a Peruvian dinner. We truly enjoyed the food. The service was the right combination of friendly and attentive while giving us quiet to enjoy the meal. Started with the mussel appetizer with a salsa fresco topping that may have had the largest, most tender mussels I have ever eaten. I had the Ceviche that was very tasty (although I probably would have preferred a smaller portion as an appetizer because it was a lot). My wife had the Tallarin Machu Picchu (which I also had given some thought). Her seafood was wonderful in a light tomato/cream sauce over some pasta.

By that point, we were too full from the large portions to even want to consider dessert (although an order of flan that passed by was VERY tempting.

We will definitely be back.

Date of visit: February 2012
1  Thank KolnerBigBlue
Reviewed November 14, 2011

Although this restaurant is pint-size and located in a small strip mall, it provides authentic Peruvian cuisine and excellent service. The chef is native Peruvian and takes the appearance of his restaurant and the cooking/presentation, as well as the diners, seriously. Although a narrow space, the restaurant has Peruvian art displayed throughout, and one area has Peruvian woven hats on display and for sale.
For drink, we tried the Chicha Morada, a Peruvian concoction made of purple corn, along with soda, pineapple juice, lime juice and cinnamon. This was one of many, most others being types of cocktails. My main dish was Bandeja Palsa, which consists of steak, rice, beans, delicious fried plaintains, fresh avocado slices, interesting pork chips, arepa, and this was topped with with sunnyside eggs. My husband ordered Tallarin Saltado de Pollo, which is Peruvian stir-fry chicken spaghetti with onions and tomatoes, topped with cilantro. For dessert, we enjoyed their flan (egg custard) and the Mango Mousse, which I loved.
If you would like prompt, efficient service and good food, along with an interesting cultural experience, this is a very good place to stop in Bethel, Connecticut.

Date of visit: November 2011