“So good”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 23, 2012

You will love this restaurant. Pizza is so fresh and perfectly done. House wine was delicious. Special orders were done with a smile. Plenty of room for privacy. Warm and elegant without being formal or stuffy. Pearls or jeans, either or both will fit in fine.

There are newer reviews for La Fortuna

Reviewed October 16, 2012

The interior seems a bit dated with the "faux landscape" painted walls but it's charming nonetheless. Our server was an older gentleman who was friendly and spoke with a thick Italian accent. We felt bad for him though once the room started to fill up, as it seemed he was the only one taking care of the whole room.

Bruschetta appetizer was the best I've ever had. I had the rolled lasagna special and it was top notch. The side dishes (mashed potatoes/veggies) on my plate were not very hot though, they need to do a better job preparing the plates at the same time. My wife had the chicken parm and she said it was also great.

The only real complaint was the wait to get our check, and that they rang up one of our dinners twice. It would seem they need an extra server during the busy hours. The prices are high considering the location/atmosphere, but the quality of the food makes up for it.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

I had been to this restaurant twice before and enjoyed my meal but after this past experience I will never go back. I waited about 10 minutes just for our waitress to ask for our drink order and another 30 minutes to get our food. Our waitress never told us the specials, asked if we wanted dessert or coffee, and I had to ask 2 different people just to get some bread. While we were eating our rather pricey food we noticed that the couple next to us was given the completely wrong dish. After the chef/manager came out to apologize the woman claimed her food was good so she was going to continue eating it. The chef then demanded that she give him a kiss and went back into the kitchen. I found this very unprofessional and uncomfortable. I then had to wait for the waitress to come back so we could get our check.... which she screwed up. After about 20 minutes of waiting around I finally got so annoyed that I brought our check up to the hostess to get change. It took the hostess, a waitress, and a calculator to figure out my change which was $10.00.... So basically, the place has expensive food which is pretty good but the waitstaff is a bunch of idiots. Never going back.

Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I attended a "rehearsal dinner" last night at La Fortuna. We thoroughly enjoyed the dining experience! Appetisers including gnocchi in a sweet tomato sauce and tomato caprese warmed our appetites. Entrees included veal parm & fresh salmon were nicely presented. Scrumptrous desserts and coffee completed the meal!

Reviewed July 7, 2012

My wife and I decided to try the conveniently located La Fortuna restayuarnt in Bethel,CT. Our server and other waitstaff were very polite and attentive. We both had terrific meals and felt they were the appopriate size and price. What I mean by that is that some Italian restaurants focus on volume rather than quality. We both enjoyed our meals (chicken sicilian and veal calbernese) and will most certainly return.