“KNOW YOUR PRIME RIB”
Review of Hawthorne Inn - CLOSED

Hawthorne Inn
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: At The Hawthorne, it's the cuisine that brings guests to us from far-and-wide! With Patrons from all over New England we strive to offer the very best in dinner faire, including a variety of beef from the grill and succulent seafood items. Our extensive wine menu wonderfully compliments our vast array of beef, poultry, seafood and more. With a variety of dining options our guests are able to enjoy a meal in their cozy booth or reserve a private table. Searching for the ultimate private dining experience? Request our Wine Cellar Room to enjoy fine dining in a gorgeous brick walled room with chandelier lighting and rustic decor. For even more privacy contact us to book one of our 12 private function rooms seating any amount of guests between 8 and 350. We work with you to make your dining experience special and unique!
Reviewed March 21, 2013

They are known primarily for their prime rib dinner and although it's pretty good, it's expensive. Check the prices before you go and see if it's in your budget.

1  Thank johnnybgood1959

Reviewed March 1, 2013

my wife I hadn`t been in two years and figured the old Hawthorne.
Boy what a change,upon making the res.the person on the other
end"Sied" had trouble with my name and seating arrangement.
We sat at an over sized cocktail table.The seafood platter for two
$30 clams,oysters.(2) lobster tails & claws ,shrimp was missing.
The shellfish was slimy and lobster was not cold.My wife had
prime rib, I cound`t even cut into it the baked pot. wasn`t cooked
My beef tenderloin was grizzly,just a terrible night for $200

2  Thank tatarnlu
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I went on a Saturday night to the Hawthorne for dinner and dancing. We waited at the bar for a table, which was over flowing with people. While annoying.. it's not a bad sign really. However, there was only ONE bartender working. And.. did I mention.. the place was packed. Not a good combination. Had to practically take the bartenders eye out with my $20 bill to get a drink! We ended up eating at a table in the bar area, which was not a problem for us, since we had decided to stay for the music.They have remodeled which I understand as it did need some updating, however, the tables are crammed together with barely room for the waitress to get by....not a place for a romantic dinner by any means. And, just like at the bar, we waited forever for a server.. and food. Luckily we had the drinks we had finally got at the bar. The service just got worse from there. Hardly checked on us, had to wait forever for a bill.. etc. The music was good. They moved the dance floor out of the corner which made for more room to dance. I do miss the cozy, relaxing feel (and those comfy chairs!) of the old Hawthorne, but I guess perhaps that's my age talking:)
Would I go back? For the music, yes. For the food...at least in the bar on a weekend... no.

2  Thank lynn0323
Reviewed February 8, 2013

The new Bar 2421, which as been recently renovated, is a beautiful place. It has an updated, upscaleVegas feel. We have been there twice and both times the food was good....not great, very good. The wait staff needs a little help. They seem all over the place. I think the main problem is the flow of the servers. They come out of the kitchen with food and walk through the foyer into the bar area. By the time that the food gets to the table, it's cool. They should cover the food while they walk, as it might stay warmer. It just seems awkward. The food was good, but I wish it was hot. We both had the roast beef. It was good, but not great like I expected. The sides were good both times. Seasonal veggies were cooked just right. The calamari seemed a little small but came with some really good sauces. The butter was a nice touch. The first time it was with sundried tomatoes and spices. The next time it was with walnuts, cinnamon and apples. I want to go on a Saturday when there is a band. The drinks are really good.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

We stopped at the Hawthorne since ive driven by a few times. My wife and I received Poor service! The waitress didn't check on out table never ask how our food was or if we needed anything at our table. Food just average and my steak had to go back 2 times first time to rare then over cooked.. There was a band playing which was to loud. We Will never return!

1  Thank AB3269