Days Inn Berlin Meriden
$72
$61
Hotels.com
Average 3/5
All reviewshawthorne innno elevatorberlin turnpikecomfortable place to staynew hampshireoatmealbed was comfortablethe breakfast areawould stay here againpoolside
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 12, 2010

There where two times the front desk staff gave away keys to our room and people that we did not know just walked in. The staff did not seem to care about this problem. The couple with us needed another key and they did not ask for ID when handing over a key to that room. I did not feel safe there.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 30, 2010

I've stayed in hundreds of hotels during my career. Until now, I'd NEVER stayed in one where I felt like I ripped off the hotel. The fact that I only paid $55 and slept better than on my bed at home is just amazing. The location is close enough to Hartford to be convenient, but not close enough to be scary. You can tell they've painted and cleaned up the place in the recent past, the furniture (other than the beds) looks a little old but for what we paid I wasn't looking for the four seasons. I can't believe the tremendous customer service, hospitality of the housekeeping staff and professionalism of the General Manager. One of the few times in the Northeast that I have felt compelled to speak with a GM because of EXCELLENT service and the ONLY time anywhere at a hotel I didn't spend $200 a night for my room!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 24, 2010

First off, as soon as we came in the door Nancy Garofalo greeted us, and was incredibly down to earth. Professional and quick, all of our hotel needs were met.

There was no point in our two day stay that I felt uncomfortable or unwelcome. The house keeping staff was also very accommodating.

The next time that I come to Berlin CT I will DEFINITELY be staying here!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 19, 2010

When we arrived we found that we had made a mistake with the date of our pre-paid booking but the Recption Manager could not have been more helpful in soting out the problem. The motel's facilities are good and the room was excellent. It was a pity we only stayed one night.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed August 15, 2010

I chose the Days Inn in Berlin for the last day of my New England trip since I used Hartford as my gateway city. The hotel was adequate for the one night I stayed there, but I wouldn't recommend it for someone looking for anything more than that. The hotel is a bit of a distance from the city, although the travel time isn't all that much.

The hotel is in desperate need of some updating and you can definitely see the age of the rooms. The bed was pretty hard, which might be good for some people, but not to my liking. The staff was friendly and readily provided me with restaurant menus when I inquired.

All things considered, I probably would not recommend this hotel unless it was just for a one-night stay.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple