“Thanksgiving Trip”

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed December 5, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed December 4, 2013

I stayed at Days Inn for 6 nights during my trip to the US and found it pretty OK with friendly staff. I had read some reviews on Tripadvisor before going so was prepared for the less than clean facilities. As a single guy who often lives and works in primitive/basic conditions I was not too bothered but I can see how people could be upset by the hotel's standards.

The corridor in the smoking area certainly stank of smoke so heaven only knows what the rooms smelt like. The carpets were worn and dirty and the towels pretty threadbare. The remote had no cover on the battery compartment and the wooden TV cabinet was falling apart. Staff seem mostly Eastern Europeans with basic english although the American Manager was very helpful and pleasant.

I would have expected a national chain that had taken over an existing hotel to have spent some money on a refurbishment as it does fall below what I would expect of a basic hotel in the cleanliness stakes.

Like I have said , as a single guy who spent very little time in the room as I was visiting friends I found it fine and the little touches like an extension cord in the room and laundry facilities for guests were much appreciated. However they do need to work on the cleaning and repairs.

Room Tip: If you are a non smoker make sure you don't get put in a smoking room . Large dogs are accepted...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We selected the motel for its location and its acceptance of pets. A couple of bad reviews worried us, but once there, we couldn't have been more pleased. We spent two nights in a clean, comfortable, well equipped room. Staff was friendly, breakfast was perfectly satisfactory. And our dog enjoyed her stay, too. Not fancy, but we weren't looking for a fancy place. We'd have no hesitation to stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

Smelled like smoke. The night manager Sapna Patel was rude and refused to even switch our rooms when we told him the room was dirty and blood was on our covers. Room was dirty and walls where pealing we couldn't get our money refunded. We booked with priceline and they also refused to refund our money even after we told them what happened at the hotel

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nikki P
Reviewed October 20, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I stayed here overnight while work was being done on my home leaving me without heat or hot water. The Days Inn had heat and hot water. That's about the best I can say about it. The furniture was falling apart, I had to crawl around under the bed to figure out how to plug in the bedside lamp, the sink was cracked, there was a plunger next to the toilet (never a good sign) the bathroom floor was sticky, the bed was as hard as a rock, the pillows were worn out, the thermopane windows had moisture between them, the inside security bolt didn't work, and all the outside doors were left unlocked all the time. They explained that a new lock system was being installed, but what about the guests vulnerability in the meantime? This hotel offers two floors with no elevator and antiquated television sets. Like I said, they had heat and hot water. I would never consider staying there again or recommending it to anyone else.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank BathshebanDavid
Reviewed October 15, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berlin
Best Western Plus New England Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites Meriden
Red Roof Inn Hartford - New Britain
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Meriden
Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden
Radisson Hotel Cromwell
Radisson Hotel Cromwell
#2 of 4 in Cromwell

Been to Days Inn Berlin Meriden? Share your experiences!