“A pleasure to come back to!!”
other travelers have booked this property
the front view of Owl with arched openings
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
the front view of Owl with arched openings
A welcome hamper of useful stuff - and some treats
Owl, showing the cedar extension and private driveway, with our barns and studio  in the background.
a handpainted sign made by Suzy Currell in the village!
games, books, dvds
double doors from bedroom lead into Owl's little garden
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Any
Marinamag
Sintra, Portugal
“A pleasure to come back to!!”
Reviewed September 24, 2015 for a stay in September 2015

after each day's adventure we would drive back home to Owl ..... It was a pleasure to be there, cosy, warm, home away from home Thaís the feeling it gave us! Thanks Jenny! Hoje to be able to come back in the near future ;)

Julie B
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Superb”
Reviewed September 22, 2015 for a stay in September 2015
person found this review helpful

We have been renting cottages in Cornwall for over twenty years. In the early days we were lucky to be left half a toilet roll. At Owl House things are completely different. We were left a lovely hamper of goodies, there were fresh flowers, toiletries and all the usual products one needs when self catering. The household linens were of top quality and the place was warm and comfortable. The owners had gone to a lot of effort to make us welcome, which we greatly appreciated.

Your age range 50-64
CoupleAbr...
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Perfect Place”
Reviewed August 21, 2015 for a stay in February 2015
person found this review helpful

We stayed at Owl House over Valentine's Day. I had booked the cottage as a secret surprise for my girlfriend who didn't know I was going to propose to her during our mini holiday. I'd never been to Cornwall but knowing about the beautiful landscapes I was certain it had to be here. Trying to find the 'right' place for a proposal holiday took me a fair bit of time - just like trying to find the right engagement ring - as I wanted it to be perfect (the entire engagement was planned from start to finish). I had already been looking up properties in the region for good few days before I eventually tried TripAdvisor.

When I eventually came across Owl's House I was over the moon - the pictures spoke volumes of a beautiful place, just like I imagined it to be for our proposal. I got in touch with the owners to see if it was still available and after short time only received the info that it was still available for the requested dates. Super friendly and swift responses from Jenny and her husband, lots of additional info about how to best get there and get around convinced me I had made the right choice so I made a booking!

Upon our arrival there was a bottle of chilled prosecco in the fridge, homemade cake and bread in the kitchen and fresh bits and bobs such as Somerset brie and jam. What a welcome!!! The fireplace was set and me and my partner felt like all the stress from work had just gone. A beautiful start to our holiday and an absolutely amazing location with super comfortable beds, an amazing shower and a fantastic living room.

We spent the next few days enjoying long walks along the beach, taking images of the cliffs, geocaching and doing little day trips, always looking forward to returning to Owl's House in the evening to relax in front of the fireplace with good food and a nice drink.

This place was the perfect location for our engagement as well as we spent a beautiful night with a nice homemade dinner and talks about how we got together. Words will never be able to describe how amazing our stay was and how much we appreciated our host's friendliness and the little treats they welcomed us with. Although we didn't really see them around much it was obvious how much they cared about making you feel welcome and on holiday without invading your privacy.

As I said words cannot describe how beautiful this place is in reality. The pictures give you a good idea of Owl's House's charm but it is even more beautiful in reality. I found this location the perfect place for a holiday and I can only give a big thank you to our lovely hosts for making us feel so welcome! I've stayed at many placed before and rented several cottages for holiday trips. Owl's House without a doubt has been the most amazing one though so far and my fiancee (hopefully then wife) and I will definitely come back for another stay.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Beauty of the cottage and friendliness of hosts.
Liked least: I loved everything about it!
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
304Holida...
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Fabulous cottage”
Reviewed July 24, 2015 for a stay in July 2015

Great cottage in a quiet location with great amenities, a very relaxing place within easy reach to various places of interest would recommend to anyone.

sjwithers...
“Beautiful property in a peaceful location”
Reviewed November 10, 2014 for a stay in October 2014

Jenny and family have created a really beautiful space in a very peaceful setting. We loved the log burning stove and cosy living space, the large and comfy bed and the quietness of the surrounding countryside. Owl House has all that you need for a very comfortable retreat from the busy world. Totally relaxing and restorative. Thanks also for the gorgeous welcome goodies. Very much appreciated. We would definitely stay there again. Thanks so much to Jenny and Peter.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Beautiful and comfortable interior
Liked least: There is nothing to dislike!
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Galdrar
“Simply delightful”
Reviewed October 30, 2014 for a stay in October 2014

I stayed at the Owl House for a long weekend in October with my partner...what a great place! Even better in real life than it looks in the photos, this is a peaceful, warm and very comfortable retreat.

The owners seem to have thought of everything - the layout, decor, furniture and equipment are all excellent and it is such a nice, thoughtful touch to have the essentials (milk, butter, bread etc.) already provided upon arrival.

I can't really find fault with this place and I hope to visit again very soon!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The (very big) comfy bed :)
Liked least: Having to go home, of course!
gerryb521
Poole, United Kingdom
“A snug retreat”
Reviewed September 21, 2014 for a stay in August 2014

Owl House is tucked away, off the beaten track, a perfect base to explore The Lizard.
The converted stable cottage is perfect for a couple wanting a relaxing break away from it all. Very snug, complete with woodburner, Owl House is comfortably furnished with clear modern design influences. The bedroom is unusually spacious for a cottage. The welcome was warm. Everything we wanted.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing