“Small Cute Restaurant with Great Service”

Woods Pit BBQ & Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 16 Restaurants in Bantam
Cuisines: Barbecue, Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 30, 2014

This is a small and very cute restaurant. When I arrived I was seated quickly and was given chips and salsa. I had Debra Sue as a server and she was excellent. Even when the rush of people came in she took care of me and check often to see if I needed anything. I have not had that good of a service in a long time.

I had the Pulled Pork with Jalapeno Corn Bread and Cole slaw and baked beans. I thought the pulled pork was good but not excellent, I thought the corn bread and the sides were all good. I got a good amount of food for the money I was stuffed when I was done.

1  Thank SCOTTS242
There are newer reviews for Woods Pit BBQ & Mexican Restaurant

Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

We went for a wander to Bantam and ended up at wood's pit. Sunday afternoon and there were quite a few patrons. Good food and good service. I had pulled chicken and my partner had the ribs. Both were delicious. The ribs were melt in your mouth. The chicken did need some additional sauce, but their own sauce is amazing.

We will be back.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We are summer residents on Bantam Lake and Woods is our favorite restaurant. Not only is the barbecue great but so is the Mexican food.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Great pulled pork, sweet potatoes fries and a good selection of beer on tap!
It's an especially good deal if you go during happy hour which runs until 6pm...

Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

I've lived in Litchfield for over two years and have never tried Wood's, despite liking both Mexican and BBQ. I think, early on, I might have heard it wasn't very good. But, after attending a movie at the Bantam Cinema next door, I gave it a try yesterday. Unfortunately, I should have followed my instincts and gone somewhere else. We began by ordering guacamole to compliment the chips and salsa already provided. The odd tasting green mush the waitress brought had ice chunks in it - unacceptable. There were three of us eating. For dinner, I ordered ribs with a side of baked beans and a green salad with blue cheese dressing. My companions ordered pulled pork with beaked beans and applesauce. The salad was fine - perhaps my expectations were adjusting down after the guacamole - although there was no evidence of actual blue cheese in that dressing. The real disappointment of the evening came with the meal itself. Both meats were basically flavorless. Even the sauce on the table couldn't help revive it. Texture was fine, but flavor just wasn't there. In fact, one of my companions observed that the pulled pork tasted boiled and watery. The beans were salty and odd flavored. None of us finished even the small portion provided. Add to all this, a waitress whose goal it seemed to pay as little attention to us as possible, and it was a wholly unsatisfying evening. This seems to be a popular gathering place - at one point there was a wait to be seated - but I can't figure out why. All I know is that I won't be back.

1  Thank Kristin E