“Excellent BBQ & Mexican”

Woods Pit BBQ & Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 16 Restaurants in Bantam
Cuisines: Barbecue, Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

One of the best BBQ places I have ever eaten at. Every time I go the place is always crowded; I prefer sitting in the bar area but the wait isn't usually too long.

While the food does take a bit longer than usual (really nothing to complain about) it is always great. I tried for the first time a Mexican side dish (Mini-Chimi) which was anything but mini.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

We trek up to Bantam 2 or 3 times a year to enjoy some of the best BBQ in CT. We always enjoy the food and the "bar & grill" atmosphere. It's not much to look at but the BBQ is great. Unfortunately, I have never tried the Mexican fare (yes, they do both) because I can't get past the BBQ menu! I highly recommend taking a ride to this remote town along Bantam Lake and enjoy the food!

Reviewed September 13, 2012

This place has fantastic bar-b-que and the mexican food is delicious! It's one of my go to restaurants in the area.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Have been going here for years and was thoroughly disappointed by our latest visit this past weekend. The food is usually very good but everything we ordered on this visit was insanely spicy! We went out of our way when ordering to say MILD or this isn't spicy is it? The answer was no and we went ahead with our choices. When the food arrived, everything from the salsa to the BBQ chicken sandwich to the chili was insanely hot. We had to drink a pitcher of water just to put the fire out. We spoke with the staff and our waiter who we've had numerous times was extremely helpful in identifying the issue and trying to make us happy. Apparently there was a chef change who really enjoys spicing things up! Needless to say we left Woods very unhappy and in debate about whether or not we would return. I sure hope so because it would be a shame to have to cross it off the list.

1  Thank beachtravelerrrr
Reviewed July 27, 2012

This restaurant isn't pretending to be anything but a rustic watering hole with better than average barbecue. Could use a lighter touch with seasonings, smoke and serving sizes but doubt they care enough to change. Good at what they do, they know it ... So why change?!?! Often my wife and I stop in for a margarita and beer before a film at the Bantam Theater just next door. Beer is cold tequila crisp ... What else did you want?