“Erratic service at best”
Review of Penny's Diner

Penny's Diner
Ranked #2 of 2 Restaurants in Yampa
Cuisines: American
Description: Next to Oak Creek Inn in Yampa, CO
Description: Next to Oak Creek Inn in Yampa, CO
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I almost left after I didn't receive a burger, fries, and two sausages "to go" after waiting nearly an hour after checkout. Several other customers entered, ordered, were served, paid and left after I placed my initial order. My waitress was outside parked at a picnic table on her cell phone as we left. The older waitress was very helpful and intervened. Very puzzling.

GM_OTI, Manager at Penny's Diner, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

Our goal is to provide good food and good service for each guest 24 hours a day 7 days a week. We fell short on this goal with your experience and we sincerely apologize for the service you described. We will address this with our staff and take some steps to improve. We appreciate your business and hope you allow us another opportunity. We wish you safe travels.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

The diner isn't very big, but the staff is very overwhelmed. Breakfast took so long we skipped it the second day in town. We stopped here for lunch after a long day of hiking . . . service took forever. The burger was dry and overcooked. The fries were nothing special.

But . . . ya know . . . it IS one of the Top 5 restaurants in Yampa! Then again, I think there are only two restaurants in Yampa.

I agree with the other review, though, the employees are very friendly - just overwhelmed (or undertrained).

Bring a coat - with temps in the 90s outside, the thermometer in the diner showed 60 degrees!

1  Thank LostInColorado
Reviewed February 24, 2013

This diner is open 24 hours, and is next to the Oak Tree Inn, for which it is also the check in counter.
Typical rural cafe/diner fare, with most dishes being fried or deep fried.
Friendly rural service and clientele.