“Best in Yampa but in need of work.”
Review of Travelodge Yampa

Travelodge Yampa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Yampa
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed for a night at the Oak Tree Inn. The online reservation worked fine. We had a room and were glad of it as the other hotel in town didn't look as appealing. Sadly, the property is in need of repair and not in the best shape but the room was clean.

Room Tip: Choose to be away from the exterior hallway doors and reservation desk in restaurant.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Cherlyn S

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Stayed there a week or so ago as it is close to a ranch that we hunt on. We have stayed here on previous occasions and it was acceptable. Not this time. First of all the room key card didn't work, got it fixed aftr 4 attempts. The proverbial straw was that we hunted in the morning returning in early afternoon. Left again at 4 PM returning at 9 PM. The room never was cleaned nor new towells placed. We have to return due to closeness, otherwise never would again.

Ken

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ken K
Reviewed August 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed here while visiting his sister who has a place nearby on a mountain. We enjoyed the clean rooms with refrigerator, good shower, quiet nights and hot breakfast of your choice each morning. (We stayed 4 nights.) The people were very accommodating and the parking was ample.

Room Tip: I love the top floor since you can't hear anyone above you
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank CapitalTraveler915
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We booked our room on-line only to arrive an be told that they didn't have any room (despite having our reservation). They did find a room for us, though, and most assuredly the room was not fully booked. We lodged on the 3d floor where my guess is that 5-6 of probably 20 rooms were occupied. A bit of mystery booking.

The room was great. Very clean, nice TV, microwave, refrigerator but ... oddly no coffee maker. Apparently that was to encourage use of the diner (cafe), which we did.

The diner's service is ... well, another mystery. Ordered some fish and chips to go for dinner. Absolutely no problem. Next morning, ordered some coffee to go early morning. No problem. Had lunch and was very disappointed. Requested a burger, fries, and two pieces of sausage to go. (Yes, I did tip generously earlier). After waiting 40-50 minutes and seeing several other customers come in after me, order, get served, paid and left ... I wondered what the heck was going on? Since it was a diner you can easily see other meals prepared in front of you and ... I saw several other orders filled while I waited. Finally, our waitress delivered the sausage to go that was one sausage short (I thought I ordered the listing on the menu ... she thought I ordered just one ... kinda odd).

Finally, after the more senior waitress saw that the diner was nearly emptied out and I was still waiting she intervened and assisted resolving my order. She was very helpful. As I left I noticed our waitress outside the diner sitting at a picnic table and talking on her phone. It was a bit frustrating and unexplicable to end your stay at a nice hotel in such a poor manner.

If you stay there, be sure to bring your own coffee maker and possibly some food for your refrigerator. The diner is the only place in town to eat. It is, well ... erratic in service, good to extremely poor.

Room Tip: Don't be surprised if diner service is erratic. Might be good depending on which employee serve...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Price is right, especially given there are really no other options (so they don't abuse the lack of supply).

Room was very clean. Beds were comfortable. Rooms were quiet (although ours was on the other side of the "TV room" and we couldn't figure out how to mute / turn off the community TV - but we ran the A/C and the white noise was enough to drown out the TV. Room comes with a microwave and mini-fridge.

Pretty much everything you could want from a motel.

Check-in is at Penny's Diner. There aren't any signs on the highway, but turn left at the Kum & Go - and watch for the Diner on the left.

Apparently two of the three floors are "reserved" for railroad workers, so call early if you really need a room.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Not many options to choose from in the town of Yampa. But for a clean and comfortable room the Oak Tree Inn is great!! Come checkout the Flat tops wilderness and the historical town. Lots of fun outdoor activities like fly fishing, horseback trips and whitewater Rafting on the Colorado River close by.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I stayed at the Oak Tree Inn two diffrent times for a week each time. The staff was really friendly and made me feel very welcome. The food at Penny's Diner is good but a little pricy for some of the stuff. Definatly ask for the Strawberry Milk Shake!! I will be going back there again!

Room Tip: Nice dark black out shades make it really convienient.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yampa
Quality Inn & Suites
The Steamboat Hotel
The Steamboat Hotel
#17 of 21 in Steamboat Springs
Nordic Lodge of Steamboat Springs
Nordic Lodge of Steamboat Spring...
#1 of 21 in Steamboat Springs

Been to Travelodge Yampa? Share your experiences!