“Always excellent food and great service.”

Swiss Chalet Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Swiss Chalet Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, European
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Mount Dora, Florida
“Always excellent food and great service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014

This was our 3rd time here in 7 years. For some reason we always drive by on a Monday when they are closed but try to fit in a meal each time we are in this part of the country.

Today we had another wonderful lunch. We ate on the outside patio area under an umbrella and enjoyed the perfect view of Pike's Peak.

Service was prompt and friendly. He ordered the blueberry Norwegian Salmon and I had the Swiss Onion soup. We've traveled often to Alaska and know the difference between Pacific and Atlantic salmon. For that matter there is a difference between types of salmon in each region. We've been in Alaska, Seattle, and Norway all in the past 12 months. This Norwegian was a light colored salmon as it should be and was perfectly cooked. The blueberries were an interesting addition to the dish.

My soup blew your standard French Onion soup away. This was delicious with lots of fresh onions in the soup making it a real meal. The Swiss cheese on top was perfectly melted and tasty. I enjoyed it.

I also thought the portions were the proper size for a meal and fairly priced. I like the decor inside but we like eating outside to enjoy the scenery. I will continue to come here to eat when we are vacationing in Colorado.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank mommabean

“Very little food for the price”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

We went there because the reviews on this site were so great! While the staff was friendly, they were out of what I wanted to order, so I ordered the Oriental Chicken Salad and it was not very filling. It was all cabbage and very little else. At over $12, I felt completely ripped off. They brought my husband the wrong soup and he said the soup we make at home actually tasted better. He ordered fish tacos and they were made with salmon (you don't make fish tacos with salmon), and it was pink salmon, nonetheless. We recently spent a lot of time living in Alaska, so we know our salmon and pink is one step up from the scrap salmon they use to make pet food. Hardly fine dining and we expected better after looking at the website and reviews.
Here's my full review: http://kedarhower.blogspot.com/2014/07/the-anatomy-of-asian-chicken-salad.html

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Kristin D
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“GOOD FOOD - GOOD VIEW - GOOD COMPANY”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

A friend took me to this dining facility for my birthday. Had wonderful German food, good wine and excellent service. My friend knew I liked good German food and he knew the right place. Will return hopefully again next year.

• Visited June 2014
New Braunfels, Texas
“Terrific meal!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

This was our fourth visit and, as with the other times, had a wonderful meal. The food is so well prepared and offered several great gluten free selections. Our waitress gave us impeccable service and was so warm and helpful. We had a fabulous view of the peaks on their outside deck. We are already looking forward to returning.

Visited June 2014
Blair, Nebraska
“Over 50 Year Institution that still puts out an exceptional meal!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

Just about 8 miles from the base of Pike's Peak is a wonderful little eating establishment that has been visited by many Coloradans and visitors of the past half century ( opened in 1962 ). My wife's family and mine ate here long before we even met , and then it was a pleasant stop along the two lane road heading to Pike's Peak or down to Colorado Springs. The service has never changed, though the road is 4 lane and an easy drive even from the Springs! Though listed as a fine dining establishment, in many brochures, or online, it is still very family friendly with a European style to the menu, and frankly reasonbly priced for a resort area. Service has a continental flare with all three waitresses taking care of the two of us during the evening and we never lacked for attention or care. We had the cheese fondue and it was quite good , with a hot thin melt , similar to what I had had in Switzerland when I visited there. My wife got the Chilean Sea Bass( spectacular she stated ) and I decided to go for the special , Prime Rib. The cut was perfect and delivered as requested ( medium rare ), and that was quite pleasant since it seems difficult to get this cut the way you actually want it - in my experience. They brought the salad with the house dressing and my wife said she would have traded her blue cheese drenched salad for mine - hers was fantastic, we just enjoyed the house special blend that well. If you like the quaint history of a mountain restaurant that has been in existence for a very long period satisfying travelers, this is a fun stop. With a large chalkboard listing the menu, for each table and a decent wine and beer list, we obviously enjoyed the nostalgia of finding this place still in business after all the years. We visited it over 40 years ago ( with family) , then 30 ( not long after married ), again at 20, and again just recently. Were thrilled to stop as we had always had great meals, remembered the friendly care given to patrons, and the special look of the building resembling a small Swiss restaurant from the home Country.Sure doesn't hurt that a clear night has a great view of Pikes Peak, , but the old world ambiance makes this a fun place for a romantic meal or a great stop for the family -- they sure lunch and dinner. Pricing is likely better listed as between $$ and $$$, but that is not an option for listing.

• Visited June 2014