“Very little food for the price”

Swiss Chalet Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Swiss Chalet Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
“Very little food for the price”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

We went there because the reviews on this site were so great! While the staff was friendly, they were out of what I wanted to order, so I ordered the Oriental Chicken Salad and it was not very filling. It was all cabbage and very little else. At over $12, I felt completely ripped off. They brought my husband the wrong soup and he said the soup we make at home actually tasted better. He ordered fish tacos and they were made with salmon (you don't make fish tacos with salmon), and it was pink salmon, nonetheless. We recently spent a lot of time living in Alaska, so we know our salmon and pink is one step up from the scrap salmon they use to make pet food. Hardly fine dining and we expected better after looking at the website and reviews.
Here's my full review: http://kedarhower.blogspot.com/2014/07/the-anatomy-of-asian-chicken-salad.html

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Kristin D

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“GOOD FOOD - GOOD VIEW - GOOD COMPANY”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

A friend took me to this dining facility for my birthday. Had wonderful German food, good wine and excellent service. My friend knew I liked good German food and he knew the right place. Will return hopefully again next year.

• Visited June 2014
New Braunfels, Texas
“Terrific meal!”
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

This was our fourth visit and, as with the other times, had a wonderful meal. The food is so well prepared and offered several great gluten free selections. Our waitress gave us impeccable service and was so warm and helpful. We had a fabulous view of the peaks on their outside deck. We are already looking forward to returning.

Visited June 2014
Blair, Nebraska
“Over 50 Year Institution that still puts out an exceptional meal!!”
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Just about 8 miles from the base of Pike's Peak is a wonderful little eating establishment that has been visited by many Coloradans and visitors of the past half century ( opened in 1962 ). My wife's family and mine ate here long before we even met , and then it was a pleasant stop along the two lane road heading to Pike's Peak or down to Colorado Springs. The service has never changed, though the road is 4 lane and an easy drive even from the Springs! Though listed as a fine dining establishment, in many brochures, or online, it is still very family friendly with a European style to the menu, and frankly reasonbly priced for a resort area. Service has a continental flare with all three waitresses taking care of the two of us during the evening and we never lacked for attention or care. We had the cheese fondue and it was quite good , with a hot thin melt , similar to what I had had in Switzerland when I visited there. My wife got the Chilean Sea Bass( spectacular she stated ) and I decided to go for the special , Prime Rib. The cut was perfect and delivered as requested ( medium rare ), and that was quite pleasant since it seems difficult to get this cut the way you actually want it - in my experience. They brought the salad with the house dressing and my wife said she would have traded her blue cheese drenched salad for mine - hers was fantastic, we just enjoyed the house special blend that well. If you like the quaint history of a mountain restaurant that has been in existence for a very long period satisfying travelers, this is a fun stop. With a large chalkboard listing the menu, for each table and a decent wine and beer list, we obviously enjoyed the nostalgia of finding this place still in business after all the years. We visited it over 40 years ago ( with family) , then 30 ( not long after married ), again at 20, and again just recently. Were thrilled to stop as we had always had great meals, remembered the friendly care given to patrons, and the special look of the building resembling a small Swiss restaurant from the home Country.Sure doesn't hurt that a clear night has a great view of Pikes Peak, , but the old world ambiance makes this a fun place for a romantic meal or a great stop for the family -- they sure lunch and dinner. Pricing is likely better listed as between $$ and $$$, but that is not an option for listing.

• Visited June 2014
Colorado
“Great Food in Woodland Park, Co”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Swiss Chalet is an excellent fine dinning restaurant in Woodland Park, Colorado. The menu is set each day by the what's available. The Jagger Schnitzel is always available and always good. When the weather is good, being able to eat outside with Pikes Peak 10 miles south, is an added bonus!

• Visited April 2014