“Stayed for a wedding”

Eagle Fire Lodge & Cabins
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stayed at Eagle Fire Lodge when we were in Woodland Park for a wedding because the other Lodge in the area was completely booked. That turned out to be lucky because our room at Eagle Fire turned out to be much nicer than what we would have gotten there. We needed to check in early and they were able to accommodate that, and we even got a free room upgrade to one of the recently-remodeled King Luxury Suites (see the pictures on the website). I didn't see the other rooms, but this one was very nice. I wish we had planned to stay longer so we could have taken advantage of all the space and the big bathtub. There was an excellent hot breakfast waiting for us (try the breakfast burritos!) and everyone was friendly. We only stayed for one night, but it was clean, quiet, and overall a pleasant experience.

Room Tip: We recommend the King Luxury Suite. Check out the pictures of it on the website.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Eagle Fire Lodge & Cabins

Reviewed September 5, 2013

My husband and I had a fantastic stay for 4 days in Cabin #3. Brand new king bed and the cabin was decorated so tastefully. I never would have believed I was in a motel. The kitchen had a full set of dishes, pots and pans so we didn't have to go out to eat every night. Pikes Peak entrance was just 15 minutes away and Garden of the Gods was 25 minutes away. The staff was very friendly and made us feel right at home.

1  Thank Wendy S
squirtmouse, Public Relations Manager at Eagle Fire Lodge & Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide input on our lodge. We are so happy you were pleased with our facilities, and we look forward to having you visit again sometime soon!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

....we stayed in cabin 2, and the sofa and chair were terrible to sit in....we were there 3 nights and could not sleep due to the comfort of the mattress...the manager even said it was time to switch it out, that it was 10 years old! Supposedly, there was no availablility to move us any where else...however, I did not insist. TERRIBLE experience. I won't be back. However, unfortunate, since Woodland Park is such a nice area. I will say, everything was very clean. One more complaint - the bathroom is not even big enough to turn around in....if you wear any makeup or dry your hair, you'll barely have enough room to move. Again, the worst mattress I have ever slept on....and I guess the manager really didn't care because I never heard back from her on trying to move us to another room.

Room Tip: I have nothing good to say
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

We appreciate your input about your recent stay at Eagle Fire Lodge. Our manager, Pam, tried diligently to have your mattress replaced during your stay but with it being Labor Day weekend, was unable to schedule the delivery prior to your departure. Cabin #2 now has a brand new Simmons Beautyrest Pillowtop. As you might imagine, our Inn was fully booked over Labor Day so we did not have the ability to relocate you to a room that was more suitable for your needs. Please accept our sincerest apologies for your discomfort.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

DO NOT BOOK EAGLE FIRE LODGE!

I wish I could give no star rating this place is so bad! First of all it is not close to a mountain like the picture shows, it is right next to a very very very busy highway! This place is also not kid friendly I booked a 4 person cabin and before I left they tried to tell us we snuck my 1 and 4 year old in and tried to get me to pay extra. When my husband refused the woman started to yell at him outside and said she was going to call the cops! This place is also 45 mins from Colorado Springs. They charged or card without permission for an extra night, after her threatening us we just wanted out! This is the worst hotel experience of my life!
BEWARE RUN VERY FAR FROM THIS PLACE!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank FlyNGuy

We are so sorry you were not pleased with your experience at Eagle Fire Lodge. I can assure you that the photos on our website have not been doctored in any way. Woodland Park is a mountain town at 8500 feet of elevation, and we have a beautiful view of majestic Pikes Peak visible from our campus as the photos display. We are very proud of our beautiful setting, and we regret you did not feel a sense of connection with our wonderful area.

Our cancellation policies are very clearly listed on our website, and all rates are based on double occupancy. When you reserved on line it was clearly recorded that you were reserving for 2 occupants. We charge $10 for each extra person regardless of age. Had you listed 4 occupants when reserving, the rate quoted would have reflected this charge.

Lastly, we are 18 miles from Interstate 25 in Colorado Springs via 4 lane Highway 24, which is about a 20 minute commute. We hope you found lodging more suitable for your needs, and appreciate the opportunity to respond to your input.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

We arrived August 6th to check into our deluxe room for 3 nights. We were greeted like old friends even though it was our first stay here. We were upgraded to a deluxe suite which was indeed deluxe! A beautiful, well equipped suite. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly at all times. We enjoyed a peaceful and relaxing time. Easy on-and-off to Hiway 24 was convenient and Super Markets and Restuarants are nearby! We would have liked to stay longer in this beautiful part of the Country and this lovely town and I'm sure those who have stayed here feel the same way. A great time, with great people, in great accommodations made our vacation a real treat. Thank you Eagle Fire! You're the best!!

Room Tip: The suites are fabulous, spacious and very well eqipped!
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This was our second stay at Eagle Fire and we stayed in cabin #3 this time. We absolutely loved it and the personnel in the hotel office are just wonderful. So kind and considerate to our needs and very friendly. They made us feel at home. The cabin was perfect for our family of 3. We were able to sleep in their new king bed and our daughter was on a queen pull-out couch. I think the pull out needed a new mattress, but she put quilts and blankets under the fitted sheet and it worked out great. Our housekeeper came in each day to give us new towels and refilled the coffee supply, etc. Loved our stay and will definitely be back again!

Oh, and they have a great breakfast in the lobby from 7:30-10am. The coffee they serve is locally ground and is a-maz-ing. I'm going to see what I can do to order some online! :-)

Room Tip: We brought along two extension cords and used them quite a bit, but that was just for our family. Al...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
squirtmouse, Owner at Eagle Fire Lodge & Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Thank you for your review, and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay! Based on your input, we have purchased new 5" memory foam mattresses for all of our pull-out sleeper sofas. We appreciate you taking the time to help us make a better experience for our guests. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 11, 2013

We stopped by on a whim while driving by this place to see if they had room available for the night. They did. We liked it so much we asked to have a room for the rest of the stay. They moved us up to a suite and lowered the price some so we could stay there.

Everyone is very friendly. They go out of their way to help you with anything you need. Give you friendly advice and even cook you breakfast in the mornings.

I can't say enough Great things about this place.

Room Tip: They do not have a pool but they do have a hot tub. There is no room service. You need to bring yo...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Days Inn Manitou Springs
Days Inn Manitou Springs
#2 of 10 in Manitou Springs
Best Western Plus Peak Vista Inn & Suites
Best Western Plus Peak Vista Inn...
#4 of 105 in Colorado Springs
Magnuson Hotel Manitou Springs
Magnuson Hotel Manitou Springs
#5 of 10 in Manitou Springs
Pikes Peak Paradise Bed and Breakfast

Been to Eagle Fire Lodge & Cabins? Share your experiences!