“Amazing Pizza!”

AJ's Stone Oven American Pizzeria
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

What a fantastic little gem! I've been three times over the past three weeks. As with any new restaurant, I was concerned about consistency. It seems like this place has it down so far! There are several things that make the pizza really good, but put them all together and it's great. First, this place has some of the best tomato sauce I've ever had on a pizza. It's delicious - very fresh and well-seasoned, but not overpowering. Second, the toppings are fresh, high-quality, and plentiful. Third, the crust is excellent. Something about their recipe cooked on a stone surface at almost 9000 feet makes an awesome pizza crust. Crispy, but not even close to being burned or tough. Finally, there's the price. You can get a 10" pepperoni for about $8. It's enough for two people and it's priced like Domino's, but tastes WAY better! As a plus, the people are nice and helpful. Unfortunately, they do charge for drink refills, but I'll let them have that if they keep up the pizza. My wife really likes he sweet butter and garlic butter dipping sauces, as well as the cinnamon knots for dessert. All in all, this place is pretty awesome - definitely worth an evening drive up from the Springs to sit outside, enjoy the sunset, and enjoy some seriously good pizza.

There are newer reviews for AJ's Stone Oven American Pizzeria

Reviewed July 14, 2013

The entire family really enjoyed the pizza here. My husband and twp of our sons got a sausage pizza, one got a sub sandwich, one got a pepperoni pizza and I got a classic pizza. We all thought the food was quite tasty. For me, it was probably one of the better pizzas I have had at a restaurant. The prices are reasonable, though I do not care for places that do not offer free refills on their drinks. Also, I thought the staff was a bit slow at cleaning off the tables so other customers could sit at them and the girl at the cash register seemed awfully confused while taking our order.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

I could not believe how awesome the pizza was, and it's way underpriced! I worked at Beau Jo's pizza for over 5 years, so I've had my share of high-end pizza. I enjoyed this pizza more, and at about half the price you can't go wrong. If you're anywhere near, this is the place to eat. And I'd say it's even worth driving up from the Springs- it was that incredibly delicious!