“Looks can be deceiving, don't drive by this restaurant.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mayflower Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 48 Restaurants in Woodland Park
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed September 12, 2011

While spending the summer in Woodland Park, CO. my husband and I have had the opportunity to try this restaurant many times (almost weekly). The food is amazing, always prepared to perfection, and piping hot. Sometimes we eat inside and other times we take it home to our RV within walking distance. The owners are always on site and willing to please. The Peking dumplings are great as well as the combination fried rice. Don't let the outside of the building fool you. Don't drive by without trying the food. They have a full bar and my husband always has the hot sake, while I like the plum wine. It's located between the Wal-Mart and Safeway shopping areas.

5  Thank Princessbella06

Reviewed June 27, 2010

I read some reviews for both Mayflower and Fortune Dragon chinese places while staying in Woodland Park, after reading that bugs had been found in food at FD, I decided to eat at Mayflower. My group was a party of four, and when we pulled up to the building, I was very sketchy about what it was going to be like. We went inside and were surprised by the homey feeling and comfortable vibe the dining area gave off. It had a fireplace and all. Our waitress was very attentive and left nothing else to be desired. They had some fried wonton strips with sweet and sour sauce and a spicy mustard for an appetizer. We all ordered something different, biggest mistake we made, because as we were served, we soon found that the portions were huge! The Kung Pao chicken was excellent, along with the shrimp fried rice. I personally ordered chicken lo mein but once they served everything, we played it family style and all tried each others food. (they bring a serving plate and then a plate to eat off of). They then brought out a huge pot of rice out for everyone to share, too. The total cost for the four of us was $34, but we had enough food for 6 people.

If you're craving chinese, whether dine-in or carryout, Mayflower is a must.

5  Thank jscott479
Reviewed February 3, 2009

Its ok but not my favorite Chinese restaurant here

Reviewed October 20, 2008

In terms of Chinese-American restaurants, this is actually one of the best I've ever been to, bar none.

While the restaurant itself is nothing fancy (we usually ordered take-out), the family that runs it is always friendly and sweet, their take-out is always hot and in fantastic portions, their menu is full of old stand-bys and some lovely unexpected treasures (garlic eggplant, mmmm), and most importantly, their ingredients are always fresh and high-quality (lean meats, fresh veggies, little to no MSG that I can tell -- I have a sensitivity to it).

They were good back when I used to live in Teller County 15 years ago, and they were still good last time I picked up take-out while visiting family in the area 3 years ago. They are, in fact, the standard by which I've judged Chinese-American restaurants for the last 15 years.

6  Thank T0tallytrippin'