“The Name Says It All”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed May 2, 2014

If you want great food served right this is the place. Hard to spot driving you have to look for it but worth turning around for if you go past. Ate lunch there had the special of the day turkey ruben on rye with a cup of the bean soup the ruben was great the soup good. they were both served hot and fast even though they were full. This is where the locals go.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

Last Saturday, I wanted out to breakfast and suggested we try Grandmother's Kitchen. We had passed by there numerous times on the bike and it looked like a quaint local mom and pop place. I have to say, I was really impressed. I have NEVER had my food come to the table that was hot. I mean, right off the stove hot. Plus, my eggs, bacon and hash browns had a nice flavor to them. I was really happy with my meal and the girls in there were very friendly!

1  Thank Pam C
Reviewed April 26, 2014

You're in Woodland Park, CO. It's time for breakfast. Denny's is Denny's.... no matter where you go, Denny's is Denny's. So, you want same-old, same-old, go to Denny's. Grandmother's Kitchen is unique because it is local and beloved by a local crowd. The breakfast menu is as extensive as I've ever seen one. Grandmother "Pam" herself came over to help us. Food was great, coffee even better. Well worth the stop.

2  Thank SonderOffizier
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Visited Woodland park for the day, and an act of serendipity landed us here! Service was quick and wait staff was really friendly. Perfect place for breakfast. Chicken fried steak and eggs was delicious along with everything else our family tried!

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Ok, so I see most people liked this place. Evidently we didn't eat there on the same day.

The restarant seemed real quaint and we thought we would try it for breakfast.

Right off we could tell his was a locals place as everyone looked up when we walked in. My wife and I waved and nodded and seated ourselves in an empty booth -they have table seating as well.

After about ten minutes a waitress dropped two menus on the table and turned away. I called after her and asked for two coffees.

The waitress came out of the kitchen with a coffee pot and made the rounds filling peoples cups. She scooted across the floor to a big table of people and filled their cups and spent another ten minutes laughing and joking with them. When her pot was empty she headed back to the kitchen and I called out to her and asked for two coffees again. She mumbled "right" and got our coffees.

When she brought the coffees she asked if we were ready to order. Being my lovable self I said "actually wew were ready to order a half hour ago".

My wife said we should just go somewhere else. I agreed but was hungry and we gave them another ten minutes.

The food arrived, delivered by another server, and she asked if we would like anything else (What is this, actual service!?) I said yes, that I would like to speak to the manger or whoever was on duty.

We ate quickly - food was average but hey we were "TOURISTS" so I'm sure it wasn't their best.

Ten minutes later our server shows up and says "you wanted to see me?". Recovering quickly I said "Yes, we would like our check please." She says. you just pay at the counter.

We went to the counter and, you guessed it, we waited. Just as we were about to just walk out 'she' arrives and punches numbers in the register and announces our total. The total seemed high but without a receipt I wasn't sure so I handed her my card. Given the receipt to sign I filled in the tip amount as "Not on your life" and signed. Grabbing my card and charge receipt we rushed out the door to "SAFETY".

Another couple was walking towards the door with "tourist" written all over their foreheads. They asked how the food was. Answering truthfully I said' It really was a disappointment". They looked confused so I said our favorite restaurant was the Hungry Bear by far for breakfast. They asked where that was and I gave them directions and told them about other places in town to see while they were traveling through.

You see, my wife and I have owned a place in the area for thirty years, today was just the first and LAST time we tried Grandmother's Kitchen!

6  Thank Robert C