Woodland Park Country Lodge
Bristlecone Lodge(Woodland Park)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsrooms are cleanthe pubfire pitindoor poolfree breakfastpikes peakcolorado springsstayed nightsstaff was very friendlylodgeamandacerealmotelmicrowavepetsaccommodationsmattresses
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Clean. Comfy beds. Pool and spa. Great prices. Pub on the site. Better than expected. Again, clean! Deck overlooking Pikes Peak. Parking on site and shopping center and shops within close walking distance.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Brent M, Public Relations Manager at Woodland Park Country Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Thanks for taking time to review and share your experience with us at Woodland Country Lodge. Indeed, the Pike's Peak views are beautiful as always here in April. With summer in the air, the views will change remarkably over the next two months from one beauty to another. We hope you can share the view with us again in the future.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

I was with a group on the 3rd annual 4 night visit staying at Woodland Park Country Lodge. However, 3 weeks prior to the reservation date my wife had life threatening medical emergency which, of course, precluded us from attending. During this time we were deep into myriad medical testing and doctor appointments. This reservation and its cancellation deadline totally slipped my mind as I was caring for my wife. Even though members of the group informed the hotel that we would not be there and why, I was surprised and angered to find a one night charge on my credit card bill. I immediately called the hotel. The desk person I spoke with confirmed to me that there were notes in the computer reservation that they were notified of my wife's condition and that we would not be there. She called the owner and then called me back apologizing for the fact that the owner was NOT going to waive the cancellation policy nor reverse the charge -- even though: 1) they had been informed by members of my group, and 2) we rentrd 14 rooms for 4 nights!
I do NOT recommend this hotel and if I am to meet this group in Colorado again I will have to stay somewhere else.

1  Thank Doug E
Brent M, Public Relations Manager at Woodland Park Country Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Thanks for taking time to share your concern with regard to your group trip to Woodland Country Lodge. We sincerely express our hope that the past few months have brought renewed health to your wife.

In researching the named incident I found that the notes indeed informed us that you were caring for an ailing loved one and might not be here. We unfortunately did not actually have a cancellation call or a cancellation confirmation. This was certainly a very difficult time for you and a difficult decision for us. However, there are certain policies with which we are strict because they allow us to operate fairly and professionally. As a busy establishment we are committed to being able to offer rooms and services to guests seeking accommodations; our cancellation policy is one of the ways that we can guarantee such hospitality.

We thoroughly enjoyed all of the members of your group and hope you will be able to join them again next time you are in the area.

Thanks again for your time and willingness to share your concern.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

The stars aligned on this little place. From the very helpful staff to the fire-pit outside....perfect. I don't know if Laura runs this place but she should be. She was very helpful and a pleasure to be around. Brent the bartender was great to talk to...very insightful. I will find my way back and this time I'm waiting up. ;)

• Stayed: August 2013
Brent M, Public Relations Manager at Woodland Park Country Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Thanks so much for taking time to share your pleasant experience with all of us. And, we look forward to your return. The fire pit is on, the outdoor patio bar is open and the indoor pub is finished, ready to serve you.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Good central location for sightseeing. Hotel itself is very mediocre, and has a newowner starting some upgrades including a lovely deck with fire pit. They are serving food out on the deck, very limited menu, very mediocre, but very inexpensive and convenient if food not important. Ditto on drinks and wine. Several nice restaurants within walking distance; my choice Japanese Fusion (waitstaff is fun!!) or the Tapas place across the highway.

2  Thank Gigi215513

Thanks so much for taking time to share your experience with us. You'll be glad to know our new indoor pub is now open and our outdoor patio is complete along with a full menu including favorites, including: Honey/Lemon Pepper Salmon, Sirloin, Grilled Chicken Breast with a Dill Cream Sauce, sandwiches, pizza and appetizers.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

I stayed there for a couple of days. Very nice place in a convenient and quiet location. The rooms are clean. Breakfast is served, nothing special, but the usual items. We had a great steak dinner on the outdoor patio deck. They have a gas firepit to sit around and have a drink. Room prices were moderate. I would recommend driving to Florissant to see the Fossil Beds.