“Decent enough but looks nothing like the pic”

Woodland Park Country Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Woodland Park
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Staff was great! Pool was murky but ok enough. Breakfast was Ego waffles and cereal. It is in the middle of retail chains and on the highway - it appears more secluded in the photos. It was a nice drive to get there and it is super close to Garden of the Gods and the wind caves.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Karliesjz

Reviewed May 27, 2013

1) I asked if I could give her my credit card but pay CASH. 'Absolutely.' But my card was charged and the cash taken. 'It will come right back off’. 2) Neither key card would work. Next two key cards would not work. Desk clerk came to our room and tried - then used her pass key to let us in and said she would change out the door box. About 15 minutes later, after having to wait at the outside door so I could let my husband to bring in our luggage, I went to the desk to find out what was taking so long. Desk clerk seemed to be doing everything herself and was working as well as she could. I don't understand why SHE had to perform the maintenance too. 3) THEN the WIFI would not work and she suggested we bring our computer to the front lobby to connect then take our computer back to our room - still connected. It worked, but why did we have to do that? 4) Room was cold but the heat was blowing straight up the inside of the curtain so the heat was warming the thermostat and shutting off. We had to open the curtain turn up the heat and then close the curtain only after the room warmed. 5) Two queen-size beds. One had a dip in the middle so I put one of the pillows there to keep me on ‘my side’. We started out by sleeping in the same bed but the MATRESS squeaked. Every time one of us moved we woke the other. I moved to the other bed and slept diagonally, my head at a higher level than my feet (the phone/alarm side). HOWEVER, the room was clean and the towels nice and fluffy.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank BarbaraLynnS
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We stayed in RM 116, and chose to sleep in the bed closest to the bathroom. It was like a hammock and far too soft. All the pillows in the room were far too large and thick. We could not get comfortable and did not sleep until we finally decided to change to the other bed which was better but still too soft. In the morning we complained to the front desk where we had a pleasant reception. However, when the manager came to hear the complaint, he did not offer any resolution to the problem. This room should not be rented out again until it has much better mattresses, expecially the one closest to the bathroom.

Room Tip: Try to check in at a time when there are several rooms cleaned and ready so you can inspect the room...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bob M
Brent M, Public Relations Manager at Woodland Park Country Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Thank you for taking time out of your day to share your experience with all of us.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

I recently spent three weeks at the Country Lodge. I rarely take the time to write reviews, but my stay here was so outstanding that I decided to take the time. It's obvious that the property was recently remodeled and the owners are in the process of finishing an impressive patio/deck on the back of the facility. Spectacular views of Pikes Peak will make this one of the most popular properties in the entire region for hosting special events like weddings. The owners and staff are top-notch and they seem to take great pride in making their guests feel at home. The indoor pool and spa are also a nice added bonus. This is "the" place to stay whether alone, or with your entire family!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank EagleFire1
mark r, Owner at Woodland Park Country Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

EagleFire, Thank You for staying at the Woodland Country Lodge. As a small business owner, I am proud of our team members. They know that as a traveler, you have many choices as to where to stay, and they are the difference makers. I will be sure to pass your kind words on to the staff, it will make their day!

Reviewed April 16, 2013

The property looks good from far.... but far from good. When you pay these rates you'd expect more than just bagels and cereal.Furniture in room needs to be replaced, old desk and chair. Pictures on the room walls are real dated, phones are outdated. Rooms are clean though, sheets and comforters are in need of change. Owner counts his monies and does his bookeeping right there at the bar, and takes up time on the lobby computer that I am guessing is for guests ? Daughter booked this room for us so we had to stay there.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank BenJ16
mark r, Owner at Woodland Park Country Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2013

Ben, Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate you taking the time to send a review.

Although renovations are a work in progress, we are proud of our property and the many new amenities completed thus far. Within the last 3 years, all beds have been upgraded from double / double to queen / queen or king with pillow top mattresses. All rooms have new room darkening curtains, carpet and 32" flat screen TV's.

Our new patio with beautiful views of Pikes Peak and views overlooking the City of Woodland Park will be completed June, 2013. We receive many compliments on our free continental breakfast and are pleased to announce, upon completion of our new pantry this summer, many more items will be introduced.

I sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

I have been to the Lodge several times. I don't normally write reviews but I noticed dbphelps review. There is a younger blonde lady that I too have had problems with, and the explanation answers a lot of questions I had about her. But on the other hand I have never had a problem with the rooms, the rest of the staff has always been extremely helpful, kind and courteous. Besides her, the rest have always been able to help with any situations that arises. One of the housekeepers, think her name was Mary or Martha goes out of her way to be nice and there is a shorter brunette at the desk that always greets with a smile. Don't let one bad apple ruin your thoughts of what I have found to be a wonderful place to stay! On a different note, hope they are able to get that young lady some help.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Scott D, General Manager at Woodland Park Country Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Elcamino, thank you for taking time to send in a review of your stay. We strive to make sure that all of our guests have a great stay at the hotel. We look forward to having you come back and visiting our community and hotel again.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Snowing hard on our Spring Break trip but our stay in Woodland Park was very nice. This hotel was great. The staff was so nice and friendly. The pool area was the best part for our family. It is a huge pool room that is spotless and the pool chemicals correctly managed (unlike most hotels). We had a wonderful evening play in the pool and hot tub. The hotels rooms are clean and we never heard a sound all night it was so quiet and restful. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank kathyColorado

Kathy, glad to hear that your spring break went well ! We always appreciate hearing how your stay with went. Thanks again and look forward to having you back with us !

Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodland Park
The Cliff House at Pikes Peak
The Cliff House at Pikes Peak
#1 of 10 in Manitou Springs
Best Western Plus Peak Vista Inn & Suites
Best Western Plus Peak Vista Inn...
#4 of 104 in Colorado Springs
Days Inn Manitou Springs
Days Inn Manitou Springs
#3 of 10 in Manitou Springs
Drury Inn & Suites Colorado Springs near the Air Force Academy
Drury Inn & Suites Colorado Spri...
#1 of 104 in Colorado Springs
Magnuson Hotel Manitou Springs
Magnuson Hotel Manitou Springs
#5 of 10 in Manitou Springs
Eagle Fire Lodge & Cabins
Eagle Fire Lodge & Cabins
#3 of 6 in Woodland Park

Been to Woodland Park Country Lodge? Share your experiences!