“Brewery????”

Colorado Springs, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brewery????”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Stopping in for some food and drink after hiking Colorado Rockies, a cold beer sounded good. Well not here. We sat ourselves indoors as the outdoor seating was taken NP there. Couple came in after we sat down (10-15 min) and they were served first.We asked the server at the next table about our waitress he said " it would be quicker to go to the bar". Walked up to the bar and out of the beers on the list only about half of them they had. The food you had to order outside at the BBQ wagon. If you call yourself a "Brewery' have all the beers on the list available. My step-dad had already purchased a glass of Keller something and it wasn't good at all. I would rather drink a Bud Light before that. I do understand tastes vary, But that's all I had to choose from.

Visited August 2012

“Ok food...awful service”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Service was awful. Waited 15min for server. Finally went to bar to get our own drinks and reminded them we were there. Still couldn't get a refill. We won't be going back

Arvada, CO
“If you want "quiet" go to your living room”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

BierWerks sits on perhaps the busiest street in Woodland Park, Colorado. With open-air seating in front, an wide open inside area, and a covered patio out back, you're not going to get away from the bustle of RVs and Harleys on US 24.
If you're hungry, walk a few blocks down to the Hungry Bear. The menu at BierWerks is short and uninteresting, but the beer is truly handcrafted. I had the IPA and the Helles. Both were good and showed this is not a chemistry lab operation where consistency has created mediocrity. My wife is a fan of the British shandy, and she tried the Radlermass, proclaiming it outstanding.
On weekends, a local wood-fired pizza oven is set up next to the front patio, and you can order from them or walk for a sandwich and bring it back.
Also on weekends, parking can be a bit dicey, so once you find a spot, plan on keeping it.
Summertime. Tourists rushing by. Harleys waking the dead. The Rocky Mountains and Pikes Peak. And hand crafted beer. What could be better?

• Visited August 2012
San Angelo, Texas
“Great beer in the Mountains!”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

If you like craft beer in the mountains then you should be happy here. It's about their local brew and the mountain setting not the food. If you want a good menu, you might be happier at one of the good restaurants in town. The beer was very good. I tried an IPA and a summer brew that was very good. If you are hungry, they do have a fellow out in the parking making wood fired pizza that wasn't too bad. Remember, here, it's about the brew. Next time I would stop for a couple then head to a burger joint.

• Visited August 2012
Littleton, Colorado
“Beer was good but..”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

The service was not great and I found the beer a bit hit or miss. I did really like one of their brews but, did not like the others I tried. We ordered some pretzels but, they were cold and disappointing. I would go back for a beer as it was refreshing on a hot summer day but, would limit it to one and not order any food.

Visited August 2012