“A Fabulous B&B”

Pikes Peak Paradise Bed and Breakfast
Des Moines, Iowa
“A Fabulous B&B”
Reviewed July 25, 2011

My fiance and I had such a great time staying at this B&B. This is my first time to a bed and breakfast and Pikes Peak Paradise had definitely set a standard. My fiance reminded me not to assume that all B&Bs are going to be this beautiful and clean. The view of the Pikes Peak from our room is breathtaking. It is definitely a million-dollar view.

Ron definitely prepared some healthy and yummy breakfast. The different varieties of quiches are so good as well as the buckwheat waffle.. I love the parfaits serve each morning. Ron's mom, Billy Jean prepared us some muffin, fruits and coffee to take with us when we had to leave to Canon City one early morning for a rafting trip. Talk about being personal, it can't get any better than that....

The room is clean and modern.. no ruffles and laces... and the jacuzzi tub in each room is amazing... it is a big tub as well.. can definitely fit two people...

We will definitely be back...

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Omaha
Reviewed April 14, 2011

My wife and 2 kids ages 9,11 stayed. We really had a nice time.

Ron and Mike were very engaging in conversation. Wine at night was great, and a super breakfast. Not to mention spa tubs in each room.

We will be back.

- Todd M (Colorado Springs)

Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Hamburg, Grmany
Reviewed August 11, 2010

We are just back from paradise!
Our stay in Pikes Peak Paradise was really great!
We have stayed in quite a few B&Bs in the States, but this one is on top.
The view is awesome.
The suites are cozy (jacuzzis, one has a walk in shower, adjustable mattresses).
Breakfast is outstanding (selection of quiches, hot meals, muffins, cakes a.s.o).
But what makes this place so very special are the hosts. Ron and Michael make a great job! They anticipate their guests every wish. You won't hear "No" from them. They are very gracious: Water from the fridge and wine in the evening is for free. The atmosphere they are creating in their tastefully decorated home is comfy. Everybody who wants to enjoy good conversation will immediately feel at home. Those who want privacy will find their perfect opportunity to retreat from the hustle.
We are glad that we did not miss this B&B. It was the highlight of our vacation. We hope that we can come back again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
aurora, co
Reviewed August 23, 2009

Pikes Peak Paradise has been our favorite B&B experience so far... And we have visited many great ones in the Estes Park region and also in the Pikes Peak area. The hosts, Ron and Michael, truly have the gift of hospitality. Combine this with the magnificent and secluded wooded setting and the sublime views of Pikes Peak, along with the luxurious linens and private suites with jetted tubs... AND the most scrumptious food you have ever tasted (we're world travelers and quite "picky!")... all of this adds up to 100%++. Visit Pikes Peak Paradise, you are in for a real treat!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank patsyayite
Shawnee Mission, Kansas
Reviewed August 21, 2009

Our adventure at the Pikes Peak Paradise Bed and Breakfast has to be one of the most wonderful that we have ever had! Ron and Michael are the greatest of hosts. Their B and B is located in the high mountains of Colorado and the views (and deer) are spectacular! Their breakfast was so interesting and exciting. A full sit down gourmet breakfast was served every day. Nightlyi cocktail hour with other guests was great.
Their location in Woodland Park is perfect and it is just an 18 mile (UP) from Colorado Springs. There were numerous day trips to take advantage of. Over-all, this was one of the best experiences we had. The Bed and Breakfast offers everything one would ever want including a Jacuzzi tub in every room. The mountain air provided the best of all ambiances! We can't wait to return.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RaymondKC
St. Louis
Reviewed June 21, 2009

My husband and I recently spent four wonderful days staying at Pike's Peak Paradise. The experience was excellent with beautiful, modern rooms complete with tasty breakfast food in the morning and a nice glass of wine in the evening. I highly recommend staying here for anyone that wants to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city. You feel as if you are in a remote paradise, but you are only 5-10 minutes away from great dining in Woodland Park and a short 20-minute drive from Colorado Springs.

Ron and Michael are wonderful hosts, and they both make sure each guest has an enjoyable stay. They also have great recommendations for evening dining and local tourist attractions. They are always working on making upgrades to the property, and I look forward to returning in the future. I had the privilege of touring all five rooms in the B&B and each one provides an unique, luxurious experience. We stayed in the Hapi that has a great new shower and spa tub, in addition to an awesome king-sized bed and a balcony with the most remarkable view. Highly recommend and can't wait to return!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
pikespeakparadise, Owner at Pikes Peak Paradise Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thanks for the awesome review. So glad you had a GREAT experience here at Pikes Peak Paradise. I am striving to make Pikes Peak Paradise better and better every year. Can't wait to see both of you again. Ron W. Pijut of Pikes Peak Paradise.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed August 1, 2008

Oh my Goodness! I don't even know where to begin.
I had always wondered what it would be like to stay in a Bed & Breakfast but never did because I am such a private person. And I was always turned off by the pictures I saw of other B&Bs. I am just NOT a fan of quilts, floral motifs and the dark.

After looking at the pictures on Pike's Peak Paradise website, I thought I would take a chance since their place had not a single quilt in sight! We stayed there from May 11-May15
I was NOT disappointed and the location exceeded my expectations!
I have never stayed anywhere in Colorado that had a better view than PPP did. Our room (the Adventus Suite) had a private balcony that had a completely unobstructed view of the entire Pike's Peak Range! A couple of the mornings we woke up to snow!
The room was perfect. The most comfortable bedding I have ever slept on!
Large flat screen LCD and an in-room jet-tub!
The location was perfect. Set atop a high hill, very private. Woodland Park is far enough away to feel private, yet close enough to Manitou Springs and Colorado Springs so you can take in the local attractions.
Garden of the Gods, Cave of the Winds, Seven-Falls, Pikes Peak Cog Railway and MORE...all within a 15 minute drive.
You must go shopping in Manitou Springs, or just go walk around it. I have always loved Manitou...it is so laid-back.

Michael and Ron were the best hosts anyone could EVER wish for. They were friendly, accommodating and GREAT chefs!
Our breakfast consisted of the most fantastic quiche I have ever had, waffles, yogurt with fresh fruit, muffins, cereal, salmon and capers! Oh my gosh!
One night we sat up with our hosts in the Great Room and had great conversation. They just have a way of making you feel so at-ease.

The view from the breakfast room was the same view from our room, just one floor up...absolutely beautiful.
I love the fact that they have the breakfast room set up Bistro style, so my husband and I could sit at our own individual table.
The great room made me speechless. Tall windows looked upon the same fantastic view. I could've just sat there all day and looked at the mountains. Such a sense of peace.
The artwork throughout the house was just gorgeous. Especially this chandelier in the great room. I can't even explain it, so I have attached some pictures of it. It was many different colored glasswork pieces connected together to form a chandelier. It was majestic when lit up at night. I tried to capture it in a picture. (tried)
The pictures on their website just don't convey the true beauty and thought they have put into their place. Ron and Michael don't cut any corners when it comes to their vision.

Oh, and because when you build, you must cut down trees...I LOVED the fact that they replanted every tree they cut down and then some.

I know they were in the process of installing newer, high-end spa-tubs. I can't wait to go back and try those out!
And they were going to be building a beautiful wedding area in the back of the property that should be amazing.

We will be back to visit Ron and Michael at Pike's Peak Paradise again...you better believe that!

Stephanie and Mike (from Texas)

• Liked — The views, the privacy, the hosts, the food
  • Disliked — I liked it all
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
pikespeakparadise, Owner at Pikes Peak Paradise Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Hi Stephanie and Mike, Hope you both are doing well. Thanks for the GREAT review. So glad you enjoyed your stay at Pikes Peak Paradise. Their have been quite a few improvements since your stay. If it gets to HOT in Texas love to see you both back up in Colorado. Take Care, Ron of Pikes Peak Paradise - 719-687-6656.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodland Park
The Cliff House at Pikes Peak
The Cliff House at Pikes Peak
#1 of 10 in Manitou Springs
Garden of the Gods Club and Resort
Garden of the Gods Club and Reso...
#3 of 105 in Colorado Springs
Cheyenne Mountain Resort
Cheyenne Mountain Resort
#17 of 105 in Colorado Springs
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,351 reviews

Been to Pikes Peak Paradise Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!